Toddlers: 24 Months+

Anyone whose child had molluscum?

Did it go away?  How?

DS has had it for over a year now.  We've tried going to a dermatologist who gave us benzoyl peroxide - didn't work at all.

We tried a homeopathic remedy from Amazon - Dr. Wheatgrass spray.  They were better when he was on that but not gone.

Third try was Zymaderm, also homeopathic.  For a while it appeared to be working - they turned red and looked like they were going to go away and never did.  We gave up on the Zymaderm after weeks of trying and a whole bottle of it - and now it's WORSE than ever!

I don't want to consider burning them off because of scarring combine with the fact that the dermatologist said they could come back.

I've posted before about this so sorry if you've seen it before and are sick of it!  I'm just distraught in that I don't know what else to do.  I am wondering if it will just go away on its own - but at the same time, LO keeps scratching them open...

Thanks in advance for any advice/information!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone whose child had molluscum?

• What is that?
  • It's a viral wart.  Molluscum contagiosum.  It sucks.
  • Loading the player...
  • My son had that and I thought it would never go away. The dermatologist gave us desonide twice a day and tretinoin every other day. The tretinoin is an acne med and very strong so we used it sparingly and generally only a couple of times a week because it seemed irritating to his skin. 

I was also very diligent about washing his towels in hot water and not letting them come in contact with anyone else's so that it didn't spread that way. He wore clean pjs every night and everything went right into the wash if it touched anywhere the mollescum was.  

We were lucky in that his was mainly contained to his groin/thigh area so he wasn't scratching too much, but just keep washing hands and hoping for the best.

Good luck, I understand your frustration! 

• Try Colloidal Silver in a spray bottle...that worked for us.  Our Dr. also said Apple Cider Vinegar, but that was too stingy for my son. 

Also, if you really focus on boosting their immune system with Echinacea, Vitamin C, and Zinc, that helps tremendously. 

Look for Colloidal Silver in a health food store.  It usually comes in a dropper bottle meant for internal consumption, but we poured it into a little spray bottle and it worked really well.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"