Maine Babies

XP: ? about washing baby stuff

so we have a front loading/energy efficient washer.  can i use regular dreft in this?  i read that i shouldn't use regular detergent in them (mr. soup will kill me if i break these).

what do i do?  (not that i have purchased a single piece of baby clothing...just wondering).

Re: XP: ? about washing baby stuff

• you can always call the machine manufacturer & ask. i know tide makes a HE free & clear.?
  • we use tide he free and clear or whatever the kind is that you are supposed to for babies, i don't think you are supposed to use regular in them
    Janine image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a front loader as well - and have been using All Free and Clear for HE machines.  Works great. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we have the same thing - i use tide free and clear detergent HE. i've heard you dont really need dreft - very expensive. just get a detergent that doesnt have dyes or perfumes.
  • I know nothing about nice new washers, but I will say that I've heard that Dreft actually has fabric softeners in it...?  We use All Free & Clear & have had no problems.  I think DD would actually be exposed to more chemicals w/Dreft.
  • Don't fall for the Dreft con!  You don't need it!  Even our pedi said how it's a joke and that really, the "free and clear" type detergents are better because they don't have perfumes at all.  We have front loaders and use All Free & Clear HE for all of our laundry now.  It's easier not to have seperate detergent for the baby because you'll find that you wash a LOT of clothes with a baby.....like when they spit up on themselves AND you all day long- you won't want to be sorting baby's stuff to wash alone!  :)
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • thanks for the tips!
  • I wouldn't recommend Dreft!! Kailey broke out terribly with it. My mom had bought us some, so I used it, and once was enough. She does great with the All free and Clear adn you can use it in the front loader washing machines :)
  • We also use the All free and clear in our HE machine.  This way I can use the same detergent for all of us.
  • We never used dreft.  I felt like it was a waste of money.  We use tide free or whatever it's called.
  • Another vote for All free and clear for HE...
  • We use All free &clear too and never had a problem with our front loader.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"