C-sections
Options

Steri-Strips Only on Top?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Steri-Strips Only on Top?

• Options
    I had this, and my incision opened up 2x due to infection. I finally closed up and healed completely around 12 weeks PP. I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy, and my "flap" made it very difficult to keep my incision clean and dry. Keep a maxi pad stuck inside your underwear at first, and really don't push yourself activity wise at first. Mine opened the first time when I vacuumed the house around 2-3 weeks PP. Now?  My scar is barely visible, has a little numbness still, but overall great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had this and had no healing problems. My OB told me to dab clean it when I showered and to not run water (let the shower hit it) on it until the strips fell off. To be honest, I would just shower and it would get cleaned from the water running down my front. Then I would dab it with my towel and let it air dry before I got dressed. Never had infection or re-opening issues.  

DS will be 4mo on Friday and my scar is a faint pink line and is very thin. The length of it has also gotten much smaller.

ETA: In reading other replies...do not over work yourself. You shouldnt be lifting anything but baby or doing any activity until 6weeks. This will ensure your incision stays healthy and will heal correctly. Your body will let you know whats too much. I remember being 3 weeks PP and getting around great with mild soreness if not any at all. So I tried to start household cleaning again and just from doing the dishes I felt like my lower mid section was hit by a car a couple hours later.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I only had steri-strips on the outside.  Mine healed just fine.

The only thing that scared me was some pink fluid that leaked one afternoon soaking my pants.  My dr said it was just fluid build up (possibly due to my pre-e) & wasn't a problem at all.  Just frustating since it lasted a couple days.

• Options

I was discharged with steristrips.  While in the hospital I had staples that were removed the day I left, and I left a day or two early because I asked for early discharge. 

I had no problems at all with my steristrips.  Well, except when the edges started peeling and then they would stick to either my underwear or my pubes.  (Hah. That was fun. I thought I actually busted a stich, turns out I just pulled a pube.) They hung on quite well.  Like a pp said, I didnt stand facing the shower, but let the water run down my front and over them.  And then just used some gauze pads to dab them dry.  

My scar now is barely visible. 

• Options
    I had this and had NO problems. You can't even see my scar now. It is pretty typical to how they close the wounds. I peeled them off around day 10 and they were so pretty- as an RN, I have seen some pretty yucky scars, but happy to say my docs choice not to use sutures externally was a good one!

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"