April 2011 Moms

Not exactly board-related...

I know everyone is in different careers, but I saw the "anyone TTC" post and then saw this job description from Dalkey Archive Press. Check it out:

https://www.dalkeyarchive.com/aboutus/?fa=Employment

I guess you'd better not be TTC if you're going to apply for this job Big Smile (and you might want to put your current LO up for adoption).

Pretty amazing, huh?

MacAndCheese
Mac and cheese lover!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not exactly board-related...

• I'm already disqualified. I'm at work, and I'm on the internet. Oh noes.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageSarahL77:
    I'm already disqualified. I'm at work, and I'm on the internet. Oh noes.

Ditto!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Me too!  This sounds like an absolutely horrible work environment.  You can't have a family or life; you will be making no money to be working or on-call all the time; and if you are ambitious, would like to move up at the company, and have good ideas on how to do things, you need to keep them to yourself.  The sad thing is, they will probably get a lot of applications.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• https://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/pursuedbyabear/2012/12/13/dalkey-archive-responds-to-that-job-advertisement/ 

The head of the press spoke out today that it's satire, but it's so close to the truth for the publishing industry that I wasn't sure.

I mean, I've run my own magazine and gotten a check myself *once* since 2003, (we don't pay ourselves unless we can pay the writers we publish) but I wouldn't *expect* it of anyone.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Gee, who wouldn't want to work there?
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Oh wow who would apply for that?
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh my :::head desk thump:::....Shaindel, I'm linking this to the WM board. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLoCarb:
    Oh my :::head desk thump:::....Shaindel, I'm linking this to the WM board. 

Did you see the article where the head of the press said it was satire? I think it's only fair to mention that now that we know. But, yeah, totally what the publishing industry is like.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"