Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

did i sprinkle magic fairy sleeping dust in the carseat or something?

Every nap and every bedtime is a fight to get this little 8.5 month old tyrant to sleep.  She will be two seconds from passing out, with eyes lolling back and limp like a doll, and then boom, wide awake and literally bouncing in her crib or practicing her new favorite babble.  Sometimes crying, especially if she wants a bottle.  She rolls over, sits up and then paces in her crib.  UNLESS...she's in her carseat.  And then it's just as easy as could be.  20 minutes of just riding in the car and the kid is OUT.  Apparently, my husband was the same way (still is, actually).  I was a "bad napper" too, according to my mom.  So, no help there!  Also we don't have a removable car seat, so if you try to transfer her when she's asleep, there is a 50/50 chance she will wake up.  I've therefore been spending entirely too much time waiting for her to finish her nap while sitting in the driveway or a parking lot at a store.   She seems to sleep a maximum of 10 hours at night with only one or two wakings, one of which is hunger the other she puts herself back to sleep on her own.  (I say that, but she did decide to have a dance party at 4AM a few nights ago.  Thankfully I stayed out of it and she went back to sleep after about 45 minutes.)  But naps?  What naps?  Arggh.  By the way, when she was in daycare, she napped a maximum of 40 minutes a day!  Huge dark circles under her eyes!  Now that I stay home, she gets about 1.5 hours, and sometimes even 3.5 hours.  Any tips on getting her  to fall asleep in her crib as easily as she does in the station wagon? Otherwise, I'm going to have to A) buy a different carseat so I can attempt the transfer without picking her up, or B) live in the car.  Please tell me this is a phase!  Thanks everyone!!  (long time lurker)

Re: did i sprinkle magic fairy sleeping dust in the carseat or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"