May 2013 Moms
Options

Splurge on maturnity denim

My boss mother of 3 insisted I needed a pair of designer denim bc she said they always made her feel that much better while pregnant. So she got me a gc to A Pea in the Pod and I got a pair of 7s. Anyone else splurge?? please no negative comments we all know its somewhat crazy to by designer :

Re: Splurge on maturnity denim

• Options
    I have a pair of Citizens for All Humanity and they make me feel extra fancy.

That is a really sweet thing for your boss to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Last pregnancy I outgrew my motherhood jeans around 30 weeks and bought a pair of a pea in the pod jeans. They were 100x more comfortable because the denim was softer and nicer. I wore them basically everyday so they were worth the extra money!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm all about splurging for one or two things in order to have something nice that makes you feel extra pretty.  I probably wouldn't do it w/o a gc or a sale if it was something over $50, but really, anything over $30 is really splurging for me cuz I'm cheap.
  • Options
    Love my 7s!
  • Options
    All of my pre-pregnancy jeans are designer but I have not and probably won't spend the money on designer mat jeans.  Believe me I have been tempted to get a pair of COH Avedon skinnies but I just can't bring myself to spend 200+ dollars on something I am only going to wear a few months.
  • Options
    That is so nice of your boss! I bought a pair of Paige Jeans from A Pea in the Pod last weekend and they do make me feel good about myself. Most of my other maternity clothes have been borrowed from friends or bought on the cheap at Target or Old Navy, so it is nice to have something to feel really good in.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    Super nice boss!
    It is true, a couple of nice pieces make a big difference...my jean splurge is a pair of J Brand and !it Jeans from Pea in a Pod..one skinny and one flare, I love em!
  • Options
    Also wanted to add, that one way I justified the purchase is that my friends tend to pass around maternity clothes to the next mother-to-be. So even though I may only get a few months' wear out of these jeans, I'll get to pay it forward to a friend.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    I bought a pair of Hudson jeans from A Pead in the Pod when I was pregnant with DD and they were heaven!  I couldn't wait to break them out this time!  I haven't splurged this pregnancy though on jeans.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man I would love to have a pair of J Brands or Paiges, but my husband had never heard of such a thing for even regular jeans, let alone maternity, and just does not understand how anyone could need such expensive jeans.  All of my pre-married jeans were designer, and any post-marriage jeans have been Gap, etc.  Still nice, I know, but not the same...  But I did just get some Asos maternity jeans that rock my face off for $40, so I feel pretty good about that!
  • Options
    I bought a pair at pea in the pod for 110.  They fit much better than the motherhood ones I figure I'll buy one expensive pair instead of 2 cheaper pairs!
  • Options
    No negativity here.  I first got a pair of Motherhood maternity jeans, but they just don't fit right.  I am constantly pulling at them.  Then I decided I am going to bite the bullet and just buy a more expensive pair and it was the best thing I could have done.  The fit is far better.
  • Options
    There is a store here called Blonde Genius that sells designer jeans, they are able to convert the jeans to maternity jeans by adding a panel and then will take it out once you have the baby. I bought a new pair of Hudsons at 10 weeks and am going to have them converted once they don't fit. I plan on getting another pair at that time.
  • Options
    I say awesome!  If your bosses intention was for you to buy the jeans then why not and she may have felt offended if you would have bought something else.  I look at it this way, it was a gift regardless if it was in the form of a gc.  Nice boss!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemegsll:
    There is a store here called Blonde Genius that sells designer jeans, they are able to convert the jeans to maternity jeans by adding a panel and then will take it out once you have the baby. I bought a new pair of Hudsons at 10 weeks and am going to have them converted once they don't fit. I plan on getting another pair at that time.

Wow this just blew my mind!  What a great idea! 

• Options

That was so nice of your boss!  

I've never really been into fancy clothes or designer names, but I do have a couple of pairs of expensive jeans ($100 max) that definitely fit well and feel so much better than my typical Levi's and Gap. 

I bought some Motherhood and Old Navy jeans and one thing that I'm worried about is my how much bigger my thighs are going to get.  I was hesistant to even buy the slightly more pricey Gap maternity jeans because I dont want my thighs to explode and not be able to wear them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Honestly, I haven't even heard of those brands, but I totally scored a really nice pair of super nice fitting skinnies at Ross today for $13!
    TTC#2 5+ yrs Me: 44 yrs DH: 34 yrs DS born 8/2007 MC 11/2008 (natural) MC 5/2011 (IVF) MC 12/20011 (IVF) BFP 9/2012!! (DE) EDD 5/25/2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think it's crazy at all! I just completely splurged last night and bought 2 pair (one Citizens and one Hudson).  Totally worth it in my opinion to feel and look good :)  Although I own a pair of Hudson's (non-maternity) just like the maternity ones I bought so I knew I wanted at least one pair of really nice jeans.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"