Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Refusing Bottle

My son will be 1 in 2 weeks and up until yesterday has been doing fine with his bottle. Last night he refused his nighttime bottle and this morning wouldn't take his morning one. He has a tooth that did cut through already so I don't know if it's 100% teething related or if he's going through a growth spurt (he also has been sleeping horribly since last Friday-after sleeping through the night without issue). Any suggestions on what could be the culprit? Thanks!!

Re: Refusing Bottle

• Options

Could it be an ear infection?

DS had one and I didn't even know. No fever, no pulling on his ears, no bad snots... but looking back on it, he was sleeping like crap, and not eating like usual.  But I figured it was teeth.

Now he's back to his normal self.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

He's been sleeping terrible and I haven't noticed any unusual eating I'm def going to keep an eye on this! Thanks for the top and so glad you're little man is back to normale.

Did you take him to the pedi? or did it just work itself out? Thanks!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We took him to the dr, and he got on antibiotics. She said both ears were pretty inflamed.

It took a couple days for the antibiotics to kick in. 

I've read some studies on how over half of children's ear infections really don't require antibiotics... This was his first time on antibiotics, but I don't want him to get them for every little thing.  I've been keeping this in mind, but I figure once he's older I can start seriously questioning whether or not they are necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"