Maine Babies

I think I found the cure to the witching hour

I don't know about anyone else but Avery would scream and scream and scream every single night as soon as the sun went down until about 10:00. She'd be so hungry but too upset to eat. It would take her forever to finish a bottle because she'd be screaming so much. We couldn't do anything to sooth her. It was just terrible.

The past few nights we've decided to just put her to bed. And it's worked! I don't know why this never occurred to me before -- the poor thing was just totally overtired. So we do a whole nighttime routine -- bottle, books, swaddle. Tonight she started freaking out again and I got up and turned out the lights and she was FINE. It's like she just wants it to be nighttime already.

I am watching her right now on the video monitor sleeping like an angel while DH and I are hanging out. It's like we have our lives back!!?

Re: I think I found the cure to the witching hour

• Sounds perfect! I bet that's exactly what it was -- being overtired. Yay for figuring it out! It's all trial and error with us new moms :)
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • Ahhh - that's something to keep in mind!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Meredith is like that when she's overtired.?

• Does she sleep the rest of the night for you?  Our Avery gets really tired around that time as well - but we try and keep her up after 7pm until bedtime or else she is up more often during the night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • last night she slept from 5pm-1am and then from 1:30-5:00 and then 5:30-7:00. Tonight she didn't go down until 6:30 so I'm hoping she only wakes up once. We'll see.
  • Wow that's awesome!  Does she sleep much during the day?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've found that Kailey is like that too.  I'd try to feed her, rock her, and nothing would help...she'd just scream. One night I just laid her in her crib so I could go make another bottle and I came back and she was alseep.  Poor thing just wanted to go to bed! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"