Alabama Babies
Options

B'ham/Vestavia area-afternoon care?

Hi, I live in a patch of Birmingham in-between Bluff Park, Vestavia and Homewood. My husband and I work overlapping shifts at UAB (9-6 and 2-10). Currently, my sister is watching our 6 month DD in our home and we love it. However, I foresee her starting classes soon and am wondering if anyone knows of some afternoon/evening care facility in the area? Ideally 1-6. 

We can't afford full day DC evening if we wanted it (which we don't) and most of the 1/2 day programs are 9-1, no use to us. 

I'm sure the answer is a nanny, which will likely be prohibitively expensive, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything in the area.

Thanks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: B'ham/Vestavia area-afternoon care?

• Options

With an infant, you're going to have to pay for full time care if you want to use a daycare facility-they are typically open until 6/6:30, but you'd have to pay the full tuition regardless of what time of day you drop the baby off. I don't know of any infant care that is limited to just paying for the afternoon/evening.

If you do consider that route, I'd check into Vestavia Day School. A friend of mine lives near Homewood and loves them. They have after school care for elem. kids, but I doubt they'd do the same tuition wise for babies.You could check though.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah, but we are just not interested in full time care. Hubby gets home from work after baby is in bed, so if he didn't spend mornings with DD, they'd see each other on his off days only, and that doesn't work for us. I was just wondering if there was basically a Mommy&Me drop off care that work in the evenings instead of mornings, but I guess a nanny is the answer.

Thanks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"