International Bumpies

Intro and Survival!

We made it!

To Aberdeen, that is.  :)  DH and I have lived in South Africa and briefly moved to Luanda, Angola, before I was told I wouldn't be allowed to stay due to my pregnancy.  (Malaria, yellow fever, etc. too risky).  So I had to go stay with my mom in the States for the rest of the pregnancy.  Found out we were having twins! And DH started looking for a new place to work.  He went to Aberdeen in September, came to the States for the twins' birth September 25 then went back to work, and now we're all back together!

We made it through the babies first (transatlantic) flight! It wasn't too bad.  Looking forward to settling in, although not excited about unpacking every earthly possession...

Happy to have an international bumpie group! 

Re: Intro and Survival!

• Wow, congratulations on the twins and successful relocation(s)! I'm an American living in Germany with my German DH, our 50/50 DD1 and soon-to-be DD2. Welcome to the board!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Welcome! Another American living in Scotland (aberdeen) with my American DH and our soon to be one year old DD. 

glad the flights went well! 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Loading the player...
  • You've had a busy year!  Somehow I got confused though, are you American?

Welcome to the board!  I'm an American living in Germany with my Spanish H--we just moved here from Spain about 7 months ago.   

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hello to you all!

Oh, yes, I guess I forgot to mention.  I'm American/Mexican and DH is Venezuelan.   We hope to stay in Aberdeen for about 3 years and then, who knows! Some places we'd like to live are Brazil, Malaysia or Indonesia and Azerbaijan, but for now I'm just glad to be all together in one place.  

I hope to write a blog post soon about traveling with the babies.  It was more tedious than difficult, and I'm hoping the next time will be even easier (read: less luggage!)

• Traveling with infants internationally is a piece of cake (we have done it often). Traveling with toddlers sucks. Then it gets better again when they are around 3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow what an intersting story you have! Welcome to the board :)

• imagefrlcb:
    Traveling with infants internationally is a piece of cake (we have done it often). Traveling with toddlers sucks. Then it gets better again when they are around 3.

These first two sentences I can attest to. I only hope the third one is true, too.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• imagekelly321:

imagefrlcb:
    Traveling with infants internationally is a piece of cake (we have done it often). Traveling with toddlers sucks. Then it gets better again when they are around 3.

These first two sentences I can attest to. I only hope the third one is true, too.

I second this!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Congratulations on your babies!

I am an American living in German with my husband for a few years. He is in the US military.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"