June 2011 Moms
Options

Christmas Tree Check In

Do you have your Christmas tree up yet? How's your LO doing with it?

We've had our tree up for a little over a week. DD helped DH put the Angel on the top of the tree and put on a few ornaments. Since then, she has surprisingly not paid it much attention. There are even a few presents under the tree. She tried to open one once, but I pushed it further under the tree. She hasn't bothered it since then.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Christmas Tree Check In

• Options
    We don't have the tree yet since DS is dealing with an asthma flare and I'd like to give him a few days further of recovery before bringing a real tree in the house. Hopefully it won't be an issue! We did start with some lights on railings, etc to see how DD would react. She pulls at them a bit but no biggie. I think she is going to love the tree!
  • Options
    Ours has been up for a few weeks now.  It is in a room that has baby gait access, so Stella is not in there much and she hasn't been too curious about it yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our tree is up. We only have a little one. But kits been knocked over at least 5 times and they've taken ornaments off so much I stopped butting them back on. I know I'm going to be redecorating it sometime soon. Then I might put the play fence around it. Lol
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We put ours up Dec 1st. I put ornaments on the top half of the tree only so save us all some stress. There is one Santa ornament that DS is allowed to take off the tree and play with, but for the most part, he kind of ignores the tree.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

imagejessiegirl10.18:
    I stressed that she was not allowed to touch anything on the tree, but tat she could sniff the tree.  She's been really good about it.

I was going say that the only thing Cate does is sniff the tree! She doesn't bother with the ornaments, but she smells it a few times a day, and it's adorable! Haha.  

• Options

Its up! I put a lot of ornaments with things she could identify at the bottom (apple, baby, ball, etc) so she likes to point and tell me all the names but she does a good job not messing with it.

The kitties on the other hand, pull off at least 2-3 balls a day! thats why it's all plastic!

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ours has been up since Thanksgiving.  DD is curious about it, but she's been okay with it.  I put a few near the bottom that you shake and they will jingle (bells, etc) and she LOVES them.  I usually have to tell her to be gentle with them and she's good about it.  Every now and then I will be washing dishes or something and she will coming running to hand me an ornament from the tree and I have to go put it back lol!
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We picked our out the day after Thanksgiving.  We have taught her from the beginning to "look, but don't touch."  There are even presents under the tree now.  She is doing great!  And I couldn't be more proud of how well she is listening to us!
  • Options
    It's up but it is in another room she cannot get to. We take her by it and she loves it! She firgured out that she could see her reflection in the ornament so she says Hi,  waves, and blows kisses to herself. It's soooo cute!
  • Options
    We went to a you-cut tree farm this year the weekend after Thanksgiving! How fun!!! It was only the second time I've gotten to do that in my life. DD loves the tree! She says "uh oh" and points at it whenever the lights are off, so we keep them on most of the day! :) I put kid-friendly ornaments at the bottom of the tree and she occasionally plucks off an ornament to carry around, but for the most part, she just likes to watch the lights.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    I had to take the ornaments off of the tree!  We bought cheap ornaments about 2 years ago that shatter if broken. After Charlie threw 2 the first night (and broke them) I took them all off.  So right now it's just lights and candy canes unless we get sturdier ornaments.
  • Options
    DS has been doing well with the tree. He did try to open one gift the other day when he saw Santa on it.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    Our tree has been up since a couple of days after Thanksgiving. Alexis helped me put the ornaments up but she has pretty much ignored it since then. We have a ton of presents under the tree but she doesn't seem to care for them. A couple of days ago she kept bringing this one gift over to me but she has never tried to open any of them.
  • Options
    We put our tree up the first weekend in December and Jyles is doing far better than I expected. Every morning when he wakes up, he runs to the livingroom, points at it and screams "teeee" until I turn on the lights. He'll touch the ornaments but won't take them off. All of our ornaments are shatter resistant just in case but we haven't had the issue yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ours should be arriving today. I am more worried about the 3 dogs and the cat than DS. 
  • Options
    imageDebbie0580:
    We put our tree up the first weekend in December and Jyles is doing far better than I expected. Every morning when he wakes up, he runs to the livingroom, points at it and screams "teeee" until I turn on the lights. He'll touch the ornaments but won't take them off. All of our ornaments are shatter resistant just in case but we haven't had the issue yet.
    This made me laugh because it's exactly us. She loves the tree and has been really good about just pointing to every ornament but never removing them. We also did the shatter resistant since we didn't know how she'd do. So far, so good...ours has been up since the day after Thanksgiving. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We put ours up the weekend after Thanksgiving.  It was rough at first (all the wanted to do was take off all the ornaments) but she's a lot better now.  She still sometimes tries to touch it but if we sternly say no she usually runs off and does something else.

Our dog however is obsessed with the blinking angel on top.  He sits there and stares at it for hours on end. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We have a mini fake tree and LO spent a week or so pulling the ornaments off, and sticking toys into the tree. Cute but annoying. I stopped putting ornaments back on so it doesn't look that great. Also I had a hard time finding mini tree ornaments that weren't glass or glittery. I only have two different kinds of ornaments on it.

The lights are very pretty though and he often points at the tree and says "ooooohhhhh whhoooaaaa" when he comes into the room.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We put the tree up the first weekend in December.  It took C awhile to care about it, but now he loves it.  He just looks at it and names the things he knows while pointing (snowman, santa, animal sounds).  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"