Adoption
Options

Two years ago....

Two years ago tonight, we were blessed to be handed my oldest daughter minutes after she was born.  The last two years have been the best years of our lives....

I really want to share this because our road to our sweet girl was anything but easy.  We had three (sort of four) failed matches... one of which I am sure was a scam.  One included a newborn at the hospital.  All were heart-wrenching.  

Our journey to our sweet girl took 22.5 months and there were times I really didn't think it would happen.  The last five months of waiting were miserable... my husband and I walked around in a gray cloud grieving the three children we thought we were suppose to parent.

And then on a nondescript Wednesday afternoon, we received a call from a friend that asked if we'd be interested in talking with the father of an Emom that was going to be induced that following Monday... a short five days later!  Well, of course we would... and the rest is my daughter's history.

My point in sharing is that it does happen... even when it seems like all arrows point away from you becoming parents... even when you have deep doubts, one phone call will change your life forever.

Hugs to all of my waiting (virtual) friends... I've walked your walk... it's not easy but it's worth it. 

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months

Re: Two years ago....

• Options

Everytime I hear or think of a failed match, I think of you and your courage and determination, silliest.  I can't tell you how often I prayed that you wouldn't give up.  I could tell from everything you wrote how badly you wanted to be a mother, and I couldn't imagine what it would do to you if you decided you couldn't continue down the path any further without finding your child.

The day you took your daughter home, I cried tears of joy for you.  And then, right after your oldest, you were blessed with your second daughter, and I remember feeling so happy because I knew that whatever happened, you'd always be mom to two precious girls.

Happy family day, Silliest! 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My story is soooo similar!! 20 months of waiting, 4 failed matches, a call out of the blue, a baby just days later.

I am so happy for your beautiful family!!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    That is so beautiful and I think really needed right now.  I have so many on here in my prayers, it's truly a wonderful thing to see those that have made it through and have their precious little ones.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    Silliestbunny - Thanks for posting this and a happy birthday to your daughter.  The pain is still new and raw.  We just got home last night and it tares me up how upset our parents are as well.  DH and I will wait a week to decide next steps.  All of you ladies have been such a great support and I really appreciate it.  It's good (and bad) to know how many have been in this awful place and glad to see for some there is a happily ever after.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    Thank you for posting this.  It was exactly what I needed to read.  I had a mini-melt down yesterday while we were putting ornaments on our tree.  Christmas should be a time of joy and celebration, instead I find myself feeling sorry for myself.  Then I feel guilty because I know God has given me so much already.   It's a whirlwind of emotions.  Frustration, sadness, emptiness, anger, and then guilt....  uuurgh!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

C-S... wow... thanks for such kind sentiments.

IRR.... I was esp thinking of you when I wrote this.... I know your pain. Sending a hug. 

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing. You're daughter is blessed with determined parents :)
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options

Thank you so much for this post. It was exactly what I needed to hear today!

It is so easy to get locked into my own little world of waiting and frustration, and to think I am the only one going down this type of road. Reminders, like your story, doing an amazing job of changing perspective and putting an amazing and happy light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you again for sharing your story. You've made a dreary Monday morning bright and breathed life back into my journey! 

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"