December 2010 Moms
Options

SPAM

Re: SPAM

• Options

imageletranger:
    Your doctoral advisor approved the idea of going on an anonymous message board for candidates? Wow. Letranger, M.A.

Go easy on her letranger.  ;-)  A few of us have already communicated with her during her first call for participants. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi Letranger!

Great question! We do have interested parents contact me directly first in order to get the link, so while it's not completely anonymous we don't ask for any identifying information beyond an email address.

Hope that clarifies but let me know if you have any other questions!
    Lauren 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

so it's a violation of the terms of service but I'm still interested in hearing about this study, whatever it is.... PM me, maybe?

As for the subject recruitment issue, a doctoral advisor would approve of any ethical recruitment that does not break rules (which this one did, but no big deal.) If the IRB approves it, and the bump allowed it, it's fine. I really don't think doctoral advisors would think it's a bad idea to recruit people for an anonymous survey on an message board dedicated to that population. It's not really different from putting up an ad for your study at the pediatrician's office. But in reality, I think that nearly all doctoral advisors would not be paying close enough attention to where/how you are recruiting.

This is my opinion as someone with a Ph.D. in a field that uses human subjects.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"