Georgia Babies
Options

Anyone Savannah /Pooler Area?

Hi, Ladies!

I am a current PA mommy, but my husband and I are looking at possibly relocating to GA after baby #2 is born.  He is in the golf industry, and us living in the North hasn't exactly been condusive to his career choice.

We are looking at several place from North Carolina down through Georgia, but I was wondering if anyone has any opinions one way or the other on living in the Savannah / Pooler area.

Upon this move I'm going to make the switch from a working mommy to a stay at home mom (DS = 5 years old, DD = due date is april)  - so I'm mainly interested in what is there to do that is kid friendly during the day, what are the schools like, what kind of entertainment is there, how amazing is it to live near the beach (lol), etc.  Really, anything!

Thanks girls!

Re: Anyone Savannah /Pooler Area?

• Options

I live in that area. There's a lot to do in Savannah, I'm a working mom and my LO is still young, so unfortunately I'm not the best person to ask about the kid activities. But there are alot of nice parks, a couple children's museums, and an indoor bouncy house place. And of course all the usual places, bowling alley, skating, fun park, movie theaters, etc. The historic district is beautiful, and is always a nice place to spend a day. Pooler is constantly growing, they keep building alot of new stuff there. I'm about 45-60 min from the beach, but I live outside of Savannah, if you wanted to be closer to the beach you could be, there are also a few islands with nice neighborhoods. We're close to HIlton Head, which is all about golf, and there's alot to do up there too. As far schools go, Savannah and Pooler are in Chatham co, and they don't have very good schools. But the surrounding counties, Effingham and Bryan do, that's where we live, and we're not much further from Savannah then Pooler is. 

I don't know if you've ever lived in the south, but the biggest change for you would probably be the weather. We don't get much winter, and it's hot and humid most of the year. But, it's a really nice place to live, and I like it.

Feel free to PM me or ask me on here if you have anymore questions or if there's something specific you want to know.

After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Thanks so much ladies!  My husband is currently down checking on some hilton head courses, and stopped by to check out the savannah area.  We are going to try and make a trip down together once I'm done working in January so I can see everything for myself too.

And, I am so very much looking forward to that weather change!  Short winter and hot days sounds perfect to me :)

Hway24 - I'm sure I will be PMing you with questions in the future!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's a good idea. I hope yall have a good trip! 
    After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I also live in the savannah area. I'm originally from Chicago and had lived in Atlanta but my DH is in the military so we currently have lived in savannah since 2008. I live around Bryan County as well richmond hill. Savannah is great but the schools in GA are not great. If you're used to big cities it'll be a change because there isn't a lot for kids to do here. The closest zoo is Jacksonville and there isn't a theme park for a few hours drive. Being from big cities this was a huge adjustment for me. It's worth the trade off though to have the beach so close. Unless you live on Wilmington Island you'll probably be about a 45 minute drive away from tybee. Pooler is up and coming and has a lot of new construction. It's definitely one of the better areas to raise a family. So is richmond hill. Savannah has a lot of history and is beautiful. If my husbands job didn't require us to be here though, we'd move. Probably back to the Atlanta area. Hope everything works out for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"