Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Diaper Rash = Food Allergy?

My 20 month old gets diaper rash after eating a graham cracker or teddy grahams. I try to limit how much she eats them, but every once in a while one sneaks by me. She's not affected by any other wheat/grain product - no problems with wheat bread, wheat pasta, crackers, cookies, etc, so I don't think it's a gluten thing. No other food allergies that I know of - peanuts, eggs are fine. Anyone else had similar issues? She gets a similar rash after eating fresh strawberries/raspberries. I just took that to mean a sensitivity to an acidic fruit.

Re: Diaper Rash = Food Allergy?

• Options

maybe it is the cinnamon? it can cause a contact allergic reaction so maybe diaper rash too...

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bet it's the honey.... If there is honey in the graham crackers then it could be the cause.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seems Totally possible.  DD gets a bit of a rash around her mouth from eating strawberries (not always but more often recently). She had a reaction to a fruit pouch that included black currant and she broke out around her mouth and got a diaper rash. It seems possible any sort of food could cause a reaction.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"