Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Baby rejecting dad?

My DH read online that when the baby kicks a very strong kick when dad is talking to them, it means the baby is rejecting them. It broke my heart to hear him say this, b/c I know in my heart that there is no way baby or anyone could not love this wonderful man.  Have any dads to be heard something similar?
Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

Re: Baby rejecting dad?

• Options

I'd be very leery of this source, he may have stumbled upon some really bad information (after all, just because it is on the internet doesn't make it fact).  If anything, the baby reacts and starts moving because it hears his voice and is merely reacting to the stimulus at first and a strong kick could signal surprise or that he's merely acknowledging the stimulus.  After time, they move and kick because it is a familiar sound.  A dad talking to his baby actually strengthens the bond typically once they leave the womb because the baby is familiar with his voice and will be soothed by hearing it.  I talked to my son every night before bed and at other random times throughout the pregnancy and I was able to sooth my son just as well as my wife could, right from the start and I think a large part of that was due to my talking to him.

I'd ask your DH where he ran across that info because unless it has medical documentation to it, verified and supported by other medical professionals, I think most dads would shoot that statement down pretty quick.

• Options

Actually, that is pretty stupid.  Newborns kick regardless, mine is still kicking and he is just over three months. I would advise your husband to come around here for the real story on baby's and daddy's.

My son kicks me all the time.  You know why? Because he is hyped to play with daddy. He also kicks when mommy comes in the room. That is what a newborn does due to the whole lack of speaking thing. They smile and kick when they are happy and content. They also cry and kick when they are angry or tired.

I would be more scared if a baby didn't kick!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Never heard of it and it doesn't sound remotely on point. Your DH should find other sources for parenting, babies and all of the above.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah that sounds pretty ridiculous.  I don't have any actual experience with that yet because we aren't quite to that stage in the pregnancy, but I wouldn't put any stock in that 'fact.'

• Options

How the hell would they know if baby was rejecting dad in Utero?

Total BS/Urban Legend.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    Umm, no.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    imageLuckyDad:

How the hell would they know if baby was rejecting dad in Utero?

Total BS/Urban Legend.

I agree!  Your husband needs to not read stuff like that.

• Options
    Sucks your baby hates your husband. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I have never heard of this.   That said my wife says that the baby is more active after I leave for work at night 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAdamant627:
    I have never heard of this.   That said my wife says that the baby is more active after I leave for work at night 

My DS always went crazy when my DW first laid down for the night. He must have thought "Oh, you're going to bed? Guess I better get to work trying to expand your uterus from the inside!"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    I heard if the baby kicks when you're wearing rhinestones, it will be born ghey.

Oh noooo, not the ghey!
  • Options
    Never heard that at all.  I have heard the opposite, that if a baby kicks really strong then it recognizes the voice.  As a matter of fact, my LO would be more active when people he recognized was around.

• Options
    imageLuckyDad:

imageAdamant627:

My DS always went crazy when my DW first laid down for the night. He must have thought "Oh, you're going to bed? Guess I better get to work trying to expand your uterus from the inside!"

Bwahaha! Is that what LO is up to in there. Thanks to everyone who responded, you basically confirmed what I had already told him.  I'm gonna recommend he not google so much in the future.Stick out tongue

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    imageLuckyDad:

imageAdamant627:

Baby is very active after you leave for work... I'm sure poking and tickling my belly and kissing it before you leave has NOTHING to do with it though... ::rolls eyes:: and it's not even when I lay down to go to bed, I'm usually still in my chair watching TV or on the computer. 

Loving Wife to Adam- July 31, 2010
    You Grew in My Heart instead of My Tummy
    Proud Step-Mama to Clayton- 11/8/03
    Proud Step-Mama to Amelia- 11/16/04
    Proud Step-Mama to Brennan- 6/10/06
    TTC OUR first
    BFP#1 10/8/11, Blightened Ovum 10/17/11, D&C 10/18/11 @ 7w4d
    BFP#2 6/10/12, EDD 2/14/13 ~Team Green! Grow baby Grow! Stick baby Stick!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Abbigaile Mae 2/21/13 7lbs 6oz 21inches 4:15am
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    That is stupid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"