January 2012 Moms
Options

'Tis the season....to judge.

Re: 'Tis the season....to judge.

• Options

I judge my ILs for still needing to receive gifts even though we agreed we were only doing gifts for the babies. You are the biggest PITA and most expensive people to buy for why the eff would I still want to shop for you?!

Sooo apparently a "kids only" gift exchange = just not buying presents for my BIL & SIL. Gee thanks.

I also judge my SIL for not cluing me into this fact when we agreed on kids only. Thanks for letting me know 2 days before our holiday gathering!

• Options
    imageLibraryChica:

I judge people who buy young children and even toddlers TVs for their rooms. I judge them hard.

I also judge men who don't help out with their families. If my DH can run his own business -- which can entail 70 work weeks -- and be an involved coparent then guys who spend 40 hours at a desk and then go home can do so too. Step it up, people! I'm tired of listening to your wives complain.

Sing it. Agreed and Agreed.

I judge people who screw around on the internet all day at work. Which means that right now I am judging myself. ... *sigh* back to the grind...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLibraryChica:
    I judge people who buy young children and even toddlers TVs for their rooms. I judge them hard.

I judge people who let children of any age (including teenagers) have TVs for their rooms.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Options
    imagemrs.larry:

I judge people who screw around on the internet all day at work. Which means that right now I am judging myself. ... *sigh* back to the grind...

I just realized this might sound b*tchy. I don't mean anyone here (apart from myself sometimes as mentioned above)! Just coworkers of mine who are seriously on FB all. the. time. when I KNOW they have work to do.

• Options
    I judge people who decorate with red Christmas lights. I think it looks tacky and honestly it's a bit creepy. My kids have t.v'.'s in their rooms. I judge myself. My mom insisted they had to have them and bought them as Christmas presents without telling me. We don't subscribe to anything though, so the jokes on her. We do allow a movie on the weekends for sleepover night though.
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options

I judge stores who overwork their employees over the holidays, especially on Black Friday or Christmas Eve.  If you know it's going to be busy, hire some seasonal workers.  Most people don't want to spend 10+ hours working a crazy shift on a day they'd rather be with family.

I agree with the one about adults expecting presents.  I'm handing out a few homemade ornaments with DS's handprint to grandparents/great-grandparents, but otherwise I can't get nice presents for the 20+ adults in my family I'm seeing in a couple weeks.  However, I know my brother will expect something.  He's only recently moved out of the house even though he's 2 years older than me, so he's used to still getting presents.  I know if he doesn't get something from us, he'd get mopey about it.  So I got him a present more to just shut him up.  I know he doesn't have kids yet, but he should be an adult about it.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

I judge people who complain about money problems and beg their ex's for more money (while they are at work) but the next day buy themselves a Dyson, a Kindle Fire, and a new tattoo.

Along that note, I also judge people who say they cannot live without cable television.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We don't so judge so much as just question the reasoning behind my husbands sister and her family travelling 12+ hours at least once a year to vacation but never travel the 7 hours to come see us.  We have been married for 3 1/2 years, they came up for our wedding and haven't been back since but yet and gone to the other location multiple times (probably 5 or 6 times) since then.  And yet they always say they don't have the money to come see us but we get the "when are you coming to see us" for every holiday.  It's a two way highway people.....

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    I judge my ILs family for waiting until December 2nd to announce to me that we are drawing names this year. I started shopping in June and I had all their gifts bought already. They gave me a bunch of excuses about not being able to afford gifts this year... which is why I started shopping so early so I could afford it. The gifts I bought are already wrapped and under the tree - their getting them either way.
  • Options

I judge people who are too insane (and refuse to seek treatment) to have custody of their child.

I judge mothers who decline court scheduled time with their child in order to fly multiple states away for a week long booty call, but then claim they need child support... when the child lives with the father...

I judge those who cannot parent when they have a cold ("I know he's supposed to be here for the weekend, but I think I have a cold coming on, so can he just stay with you?") B*tch, please, you think I'm allowed to take a weekend off when I have a cold? Hmm... no. But I'm glad you think so, because I'm more than happy to have another weekend with that little sweetheart!

Maybe judge should be replaced with seriously despise... 

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Options
    I judge parents who don't bundle their babies/children up when going outside. Just because you may not be cold doesn't mean it's not cold outside. 
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options

imageLP0198:
    I judge parents who don't bundle their babies/children up when going outside. Just because you may not be cold doesn't mean it's not cold outside. 

I'm the opposite.  I judge people who make their kid look like the Michelin tire man when it is a balmy 74.

MH tells me stories of how his mother made him look like the marshmallow puff man from Ghostbusters and the second he was around the corner, he was throwing off his clothes all the way to the bus. Mind you, they lived in Chicago and it was like 15F, but like he just said, "When you are walking up hill to the bus stop, you sweat your rear off."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"