7 Weeks Pregnant
Options

"Pregnancy Denial"

Hi everyone, I'm new on this site. 24 yrs old, husband is 28 yrs old. Newlywed (dated four years; married since June). First time being pregnant (unplanned) - it was a total shocker for us both. LMP was ~10/17/12 so that should put me @ 7 weeks along. First dr appt. is this Friday. I feel as if I'm in a bit of "Pregnancy Denial." I have literally lost count of how many HPTs I've used, but we're talking double digits. All have been positive. And still, I sit here and just can't believe that I'm pregnant! I'm having what I think is "very minimal symptoms" : very tender breasts, mild cramping (has now subsided), extreme moodiness and exhaustion. The absence of sickness has made me feel as if I just cannot be pregnant. Have I just lost my mind? I know I probably have, but for whatever reason I'm just stuck in this haze of disbelief that I seem to think can only be cured by having a doctor look me in the face and say "Yes, crazy woman, you ARE pregnant!" Has anyone else experienced this?! I'm definitely searching for a little reassurance this evening.

Re: "Pregnancy Denial"

• Options

Sounds like you and I are about the same distance into this adventure. LMP for me was 10/19. The only symptoms I have are sore boobies and I am always thinking about the next time I can crawl in bed, no sickness! Sometimes I feel like nothing is different and that can it really be real? IT IS! This is my first pregnancy too and I am kinda a control freak so the unknowns about being pregnant is scarey. I hope you are excited to become a party of 3 instead of 2. My husband and I just had our 5 year annivesary ( 3 yrs married ), its going to be a big adjustment to the social scene but so worth it next July :)

Good luck to you !

• Options
    imagekaylareh:

Sounds like you and I are about the same distance into this adventure. LMP for me was 10/19. The only symptoms I have are sore boobies and I am always thinking about the next time I can crawl in bed, no sickness! Sometimes I feel like nothing is different and that can it really be real? IT IS! This is my first pregnancy too and I am kinda a control freak so the unknowns about being pregnant is scarey. I hope you are excited to become a party of 3 instead of 2. My husband and I just had our 5 year annivesary ( 3 yrs married ), its going to be a big adjustment to the social scene but so worth it next July :)

Good luck to you !

I had my first appt. last Friday and they measured me at 6w6d along. The est. due date is July 27th. We saw & heard the heartbeat and that's when it FINALLY seemed real....very, very real! I cried & cried lol - just relieved that everything was okay and also excited! Now all I can do is count down the days until Christmas when we tell our families and then count down the days until my next appt on Jan. 4. Not sure if I'll get another u/s then, but I'm sure hoping for it because nothing compares to the joy of getting to see the baby. I understand the unknowns being a bit scary - I'm the same way. But also like you, I am excited and so is my husband. GOOD LUCK to you, as well. Praying for healthy, happy pregnancies for us both! :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not far behind both of you. LMP was 10/28. I had my first doc appt and they didn't do an u/s, just bloodwork and a urine sample. I'm DYING to get in for my first ultrasound so we can see it. My husband is always super skeptical, but he is on board now that the doctor confirmed. I don't feel sick, or really tired even. Sore breasts, and they've grown, but that's it. Because I have no morning sickness or any other real symptoms I sometimes still don't "feel" pregnant and worry that something is wrong. But I really need to just relax and be happy. This is our first, so right now it's just a big learning experience. Good luck to you both! :)
  • Options
    The timing could not have been better that I was reading your post this morning. I am 7 weeks with my first pregnancy (still thinking it is too good to be true!), and my only symptoms are breast tenderness and some light cramping. I was beginning to wonder just before I read your post if perhaps maybe the tests were incorrect because I am not experiencing the "normal" symptoms of nausea, cravings, or mood swings yet. Reading this thread and knowing I am not the only one thinking this is a relief! Thank you, and best of health to you and your baby!
  • Options

YES! But at the same time, I also feel like anyone who looks at me can tell I'm pregnant. We're keeping it quiet for awhile, although our families do know. But I feel like everyone can tell my secret. 

I'm also going to confess...I took yet another HPT the night before my first ultrasound appointment. I don't know why, I guess paranoia didn't want me going into the appointment and them telling me that I really wasn't. I think now that I've seen the heartbeat and the ultrasound it's really sinking in though :) 

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am 20 weeks along. I have had ultrasounds done and even a 4D ultrasound and still I can't even to start to think that I am really pregnant. Is this feeling normal? I look down and my belly is growing but all my life I was told that I cloud never carry a baby. I am 26 now and my husband is 28 been together about a year only married for 5 months. I don't know if it just happened too fast or am I still stuck with the information that I can not have children? 
  • Options
    tessgucetessguce member
    edited June 2014
    Edit: For Spam.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"