Health & Exercise
Options

How much should I be consuming/netting in a day? (not too long)

Hey again. I'm posting again! (you ladies are so helpful).

I have recently (last 5 months) been dieting and exercising to lose weight. I have loss enough to feel great and now that we have started TTC, I am wondering how many calories I should be netting and if I should slow down my activity level to ensure a healthier pregnancy. Currently I go to the gym every other day (treadmill intervals and light strength training). On the other days I go on the stationary bike for a bit. I also cook, clean, and run errands all day (walking; don't need a car in NYC). I also have an active job; I'm a nanny. 

I net around 1000 calories a day give or take. I eat between 1700-2000 depending on the day. My diet consists of lean meats, nuts, low fat dairy, veggies, fruits, whole grains, and egg whites. I have the occasional dark chocolate s'more (homemade) or other chocolaty goody (also homemade).

Please ladies I need your help! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much should I be consuming/netting in a day? (not too long)

• Options
    Stay active.  When you do concieve the doctor will tell you to stay active just accomadate your growing stomach.  Generally the things you do before you get pregnant you can do while pregnant.  When you do get pregnant you only need an additional 300 calories for the baby.
  • Options
    thank you! i will continue my active life. i think i may start netting a bit more now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your net calories is way too low just in general. That will catch up to you at some point. Definitely eat more, regardless of TTC or not.
  • Options
    Yea, I'm trying to net more but it seems not matter how much I actually eat my activity keeps it down. But I will try harder!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"