Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Dads, are you hoping for a certain sex?

Hello all:

First time dad to be here, wife is 8 weeks. I've always thought that I wanted a boy for the usual reasons such as bonding through sports, etc., but last night I had a dream where we had a three month old daughter and I was completely giddy about her. Maybe I want a daddy's girl after all?

Ultimately and truthfully, I will be giddy either way!

Re: Dads, are you hoping for a certain sex?

• Options

I felt like I'd be happy either way. But now that I've met my son, I can't imagine him as anything but the little boy he is.

For #2 I kinda want a daughter. But teenage girls scare me. Boarding school, perhaps? ;)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    In reality as long as the baby is healthy I don't care what the sex is.  However, I would prefer a boy first and then a girl next time.  We'll find out in a couple weeks if I'm disappointed or not.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I asked mom-to-be the same question and she responded, it doesn't matter as long as healthy.  Got to love the politicaly correct response :)

I suppose that in the end, you can have all of the reasons in the world for preferring one sex over the other, but in the end it comes down to the individual child.  For example, just because I thought I'd refer a boy for bonding through sports, it's possible he could have no interest.

Anyways, this was really just my ice-breaker to daddy board.  I am super excited and I absolutely cannot wait for July 12 or the there-a-bouts!

• Options

Yeah.  In the end I'll still love the kid regardless, but I can be selfish!

Welcome to the board.  We are due about 2 months ahead of you.  Don't hesitate to ask anything on here.  It can be slow, but someone will answer.

• Options

Me personally, I am happy with my son and once we start trying again, I would like another boy, less hassle that way.

If we have a daughter, I would live with it but her boy friends wouldn't like me too much.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I kind of wanted a boy, only because I grew up with all brothers and I wasn't sure what I'd do with a girl.  However, I became super excited once the ultrasound tech told us that it's a girl.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with a girl, but I reckon I'll figure it out as I go along. 

• Options

I didn't really care so much, as I knew we were planning on having more than 1 child, and I want both at least one boy, or girl, so whatever I got, it would fit the bill.  That being said, if it was like ordering a pizza where you get to pick... I would probably have picked boy first for a number of reasons.  My dad is an only child, and my brother has no immediate child prospects, so I wanted to continue the family name for starters.  I wanted to start a tradition where the first born son was be named after the grandfathers (I was the first to have that, and wanted my son to officially start it as a tradition).  I also wanted a boy first so if #2 was a girl (it is another boy), she would have a big brother to watch out for her and threaten the boys.

Now if my son were to have been a daughter, I would not have been disappointed in the least.

• Options
    I would love a girl to even the playing field in the house.  The fact I promised my mother-in-law has nothing to do with it ;)  We are team green so we shall find on on valentines day :)  All I really pray for is a healthy baby really.  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagePrime:

Yeah.  In the end I'll still love the kid regardless, but I can be selfish!

Welcome to the board.  We are due about 2 months ahead of you.  Don't hesitate to ask anything on here.  It can be slow, but someone will answer.

People asking questions tends to make it less slow.

Amazing how that works! :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options

I had no preference, but once we found out we were having a son we were thrilled.

I still want a daughter for number two, but the wife wants another boy. She has determined that girls are much harder than boys, however she did that.

• Options
    We were also all about the health being #1, and still are. But my wife really wanted a boy, I was indifferent at first. I have two nephews and 2 nieces so I've seen both sides and I was close with either. Now that we have a boy, it's kinda awesome. We use to talk about only have boys cause my wife likes the idea of being the only girl and having a team of men to protect her. I'm good either way, but when i think about our family sometimes I see only boys....I guess we will see.
  • Options
    I wanted a girl and we are having one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I want a girl first, but my DH wants a boy.  In my family (so far) the oldest child has always been a girl.  My DH thinks he won't know what to do with a girl and he wants a fishing buddy.
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Options

imageap142193:
    I want a girl first, but my DH wants a boy.  In my family (so far) the oldest child has always been a girl.  My DH thinks he won't know what to do with a girl and he wants a fishing buddy.

So girls can't go fishing? 

• Options
    I really have no cares either way. I guess I can see the good and bad for both. One thin g we tell people is that no matter which sex our baby is, it'll bleed Green and Gold! :) Go Pack Go!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I kept saying that I would be happy as long as it was healthy. That's when the wife told me to pick what I wanted. I said boy without hesitation and she almost got upset that I didn't want a girl. We found out about a month back that we're having a boy, and we're both super thrilled.

it'll bleed Green and Gold! :) Go Pack Go!

Not to one up you, but one of the reasons I was hoping for a boy was we decided on Jackson for the name. Okay, more precisely, this Jaguars fan persuaded her, lol. 

• Options
    I'm just hoping for a Stamos, but some sex would be nice too, are you offering??
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

So forever ago (ok like 2 years ago) there was a post on the tri boards about this and some one posted

" I hate all this PC crap, why cant some one say as long as it has a peen I dont care if it has three arms"

then later that week some one opened up and said she was dissapointed that she was having a son

They set that bish on FIRE.....

True story...

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know... I was the best fishing buddy my grandpa ever had while all my male cousins and brother could have cared less ;) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"