Health & Exercise
Options

New Here! Question about vitamins and dha..

Hi Ladies!

My DH and I just started TTC and I have been taking prenatal vitamins. I was just wondering if anyone else on here has had an experience (good or bad) with the vitamins I am currently taking. The dosages seem high to me. So I have only been taking 1/3 of the recommended dose because of this concern. I figure when I actually become pregnant that I would then start taking them the way suggested on the bottle. Is this wrong to do? Should I have been taking the recommended dosage from the start?

The Vitamins- New chapter Organic Perfect Prenatal

The DHA- New Chapter Wholemega 500mg (only consuming 1/2 dose)

Anything offered is much appreciated! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New Here! Question about vitamins and dha..

• Options
    I'm a pharmacist and the prenatals with DHA that I recommend the most are One-a-Day. They have 800 mcg of folic acid, which is great. I believe yours has 600 mcg, which is fine but I like to see it around 800. If it were me, I would not be 100% comfortable taking the Wholemega since it is not intended for pregnant women. My main concern would be if it was processed so that mercury was removed. I know that with a prenatal-specific product that they mercury content is processed out. 
  • Options
    The Wholemega is prenatal. Sorry I forgot to add that. It's the Wholemega prenatal version. I looked at the one-a-day and just wanted something organic. My doctor said that with my diet, I get so much nutrients without the pills that he wasn't too concerned with the folate being 150% instead of 200% RDV. I will discuss it with him again though. Thank you for the advice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"