C-sections

Will I poop regularly ever again?

Greetings,

I had my C-Section on Thursday.  I took the suppository and I am on Colace due to taking percocet.  I am drinking water due to swelling and the percs.  I have had one BM which wasn't much and I had one today which was better but I expected more for someone who hasn't gone very much in days.  My intestines feel like I have food poisoning. I don't want to call the docs if this is all normal. 

Thoughts/Suggestions? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Will I poop regularly ever again?

• It took me 7-10 days to get back to any sort of regularity. I also drank apple/prune juice, and took fiber pills. This seemed to help me - colace didn't do anything for me! 
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • It took me a week to have a BM and then a month to be regular.  I really recommend taking miralax.  Everything else I tried didn't work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • It took me a little over a week to poop at all.  It will get back to normal.  :)

However, if you are uncomfortable/in pain, I'd call my doc.  I was never in any pain and not even that uncomfortable before I went.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh. I didn't poop for the first time for almost 2 weeks PP. The first few felt like I was pushing a baby out!  It got better, over time, but I still had a terrible sense of urgency and TMI-giant poops for a while afterwards.
  • ugh.  Thanks ladies!
  • I was regular right away, but never took narcotics. How is your pain? Can you switch to OTC tylenol and ibuprofen/naproxen?

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• you know I should try and take the gas x at home. I completely forgot about that. The fact that I did get to go was a relief.  So the colace is working.  

Thanks all!

• hmmm can you take a laxative? I know they are harsh but I have used them to regulate my bowels after surgery before...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No advice here- just wanted to let you know you aren't alone!  I had a C-section on Friday and have pooped a couple of times but it was super uncomfortable and I had to sit on the toilet forever.  I can only imagine how long it will be before I'm regular again!

• Prunes. Seriously. After my c/s, pooping hurt and tore me up bad. Prunes helped immensely. I have nothing against drugs, but if you can get the same result without taking a conglomeration of chemicals, I usually do that.

Call them dried plums if you don't want to feel old. ;) 

• I'm 6 weeks PP and feel like I'm still not regular. Coming from someone who is lactose intolerant and going almost three to five times a day pre-pregnancy, I kind of miss pooping! 
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"