Philadelphia Babies
Options

Avg cost of daycare in NE Phila and Montgomery county?

Hi everyone

Would you mind sharing what the cost of daycare is in Philadelphia- particularly looking in Northeast and in Montgomery county. I've called  a few places myself but would love feedback from those who would also recommend their sites.

thanks!

Re: Avg cost of daycare in NE Phila and Montgomery county?

• Options

I'm assuming you're talking about an infant.  Our place for infants was $185 per week, now they've gone up to $190, it is Dumpling Grounds in the Northeast.  That is a steal compared to other places.  Northeast Y (takes babies at 18 months) is $225 per week, St. Lukes next door was slightly cheaper, but I cannot remember exactly and Just Children in the Northeast on Grant and the one near the Raddisson was around that too (maybe a few dollar less) when I was looking over a year ago.  REmember those high prices don't last forever in most places, they usually go down as your little one gets older. I would bet Montgomery county is more expensive, yes?

I would love to hear what other daycares (even if they don't want to talk prices) people like in the Northeast. 

• Options
    imagemcarose:

I'm assuming you're talking about an infant.  Our place for infants was $185 per week, now they've gone up to $190, it is Dumpling Grounds in the Northeast.  That is a steal compared to other places.  Northeast Y (takes babies at 18 months) is $225 per week, St. Lukes next door was slightly cheaper, but I cannot remember exactly and Just Children in the Northeast on Grant and the one near the Raddisson was around that too (maybe a few dollar less) when I was looking over a year ago.  REmember those high prices don't last forever in most places, they usually go down as your little one gets older. I would bet Montgomery county is more expensive, yes?

I would love to hear what other daycares (even if they don't want to talk prices) people like in the Northeast. 

thank you! that's helpful, I think I was just having sticker shock. I checked into Holy Redeemer Hospital in meadowbrook and they charge $250 for infants if you're not an employee.

I also would like to hear reviews/recommendations for daycares in the NE Philly area if anyone would like to share.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, daycare is pretty expensive in this area - we're actually in Berks County and infant care is $242 a week where we are.  We're using Tutor Time, which is a chain, so you might be able to find one in your area.  We love ours, but I can't speak for other locations, they're all independently owned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    200-250 seems pretty standard from what I've seen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"