September 2011 Moms
Options

Random thoughts

- No more bottles, yippee!  He fought his straw sippy so much at bedtime (but not naptime?  Silly boy) that we haven't tried to take it away.  We tried a regular hard-spout sippy (we only have one) and it was a go!  He sucked it down in about 30 seconds lol.

- Snack cups SUCK!  I remember (Jak maybe?) a posting that said the munchkin ones and the others like it that have the little star shape cut out were junk.  Yep, about one minute of him holding that and his snacks were covering his lap.  Did anyone get the cup she recommended?  This one, I think?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Random thoughts

• Options

Yay for no more bottles!

I fully agree, snack cups are useless. I got one a target and in thirty seconds she figured out how to hold it so that when she waved her arm around cheerios flew everywhere. 

I haven't bought the one jak recommend.   That does look like it'd work better.

• Options
    We always loved Snack Traps. I think they were the only ones at the time (for my oldest 2). Unless they started making them differently, they worked pretty well! Or, maybe he just needs to get a little older, or more practice. I'm not really sure at what age we liked them. So maybe I'm no help at all Stick out tongue
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Augie does great with his snack cups.

Unfortunatly, so does our dog.  I walked into the living room to find Bernie with the snack up stuck on her snout, LOL.

• Options

Snack cups don't go over very well at our house... DS loves flinging the cup to make cheerios/etc. fly all over the floor.

We have the gyro bowl which actually works pretty well -- but DS loves to shake it up and down just to get the treats all over the floor. We have some learning to do!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't use snack cups because N throws them around releasing a spray of cheerios, fish, etc.  I wish they worked because I'd love to just give her one in the car or stroller. 
  • Options
    B won't use those star shaped cut out cups. I don't think she likes the edges scratching her hands.
  • Options
    imagesolsburyhill:

Augie does great with his snack cups.

Unfortunatly, so does our dog.  I walked into the living room to find Bernie with the snack up stuck on her snout, LOL.

this is TOO funny!! 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imageMs5586:

- No more bottles, yippee!  He fought his straw sippy so much at bedtime (but not naptime?  Silly boy) that we haven't tried to take it away.  We tried a regular hard-spout sippy (we only have one) and it was a go!  He sucked it down in about 30 seconds lol.

- Snack cups SUCK!  I remember (Jak maybe?) a posting that said the munchkin ones and the others like it that have the little star shape cut out were junk.  Yep, about one minute of him holding that and his snacks were covering his lap.  Did anyone get the cup she recommended?  This one, I think?

I thought we would never drop the bedtime bottle, but our crazy night time schedule over thanksgiving weekend allowed us to put him to bed without it a few times and after that, we are bottle free! Its great, isn't it?

• Options
    Max does well with the Munchkin cup. He does fling it a little but not that much. My dog also sticks his nose in it lol. I have been using the formula caddy for snacks. I have the avent one and the divider part comes out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"