3rd Trimester
Options

Dry and itchy!?

How are you keeping moisturized?  Everywhere is (visibly) dry and now my ankles are so dry they are itchy!  I've been using a Burt's Bees lotion but it's not working!

I don't use any lotions with parabens, maybe that's why I'm having such a hard time finding something that will work!?

Thanks for sharing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dry and itchy!?

• Options
    Occasional aveeno oatmeal bath and aveeno lotion are my go to. Also, make sure you're staying hydrated. Skin is stretching and more exposed and delicate than ever, sucks, GL!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Have you tried using oils? My friend swears by olive oil. I use vitamin e oil with almond oil by Jason. You can find it at whole foods. Burt's Bees makes an apricot oil that's also good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Everyday Shea. It's awesome. I can't afford shea butter by itself, but a huge 32 oz bottle of this stuff is only like 10.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The Body Shop Body Butter works great for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Eucerine and or cetaphil work well too
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use a humidifier & I think the moisture in the air helps a little. I'm really bad about remembering to put on lotion so I don't have any suggestions there, GL!
  • Options
    The dermatologist told me to look for creams not lotions. He recommended the CeraVe body wash and moisturizing cream for DD"s eczema. It seriously is a miracle worker. I normally find it at Target or Walgreens.
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageKingston54:

How are you keeping moisturized?  Everywhere is (visibly) dry and now my ankles are so dry they are itchy!  I've been using a Burt's Bees lotion but it's not working!

I don't use any lotions with parabens, maybe that's why I'm having such a hard time finding something that will work!?

Thanks for sharing!

Say Yes To Carrots works really well. It is also free of parabens and reasonably priced. If you are interested it can be found at Target and I believe you can find it at CVS or Walgreens. Its great if you have sensitive skin too. I have been using this along with the Burt's Bees line of products.

• Options
    coconut oil, I go to the baking section at walmart, by an enormous tub for like 5 bucks and I have no stretch mark to my name.  I'm 8 months today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"