February 2012 Moms

Another bite mark...

Reece got bit a few weeks ago, the DC knew about it and filed a boo boo report. Tonight, I got Reece ready for bed and saw what looked like another bite mark, but also looked like a pinch mark right in the same spot. The DC never mentioned anything about it. I plan on saying something on Wednesday when he goes back, but this just worries me cause I feel like they should have known about it but then again, it's not like the DC watches every move they make... What do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another bite mark...

• I think you should not wait until Wednesday. Take pictures and call or go in on Monday.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• It can happen quick, they didn't see it happen and he probably didn't cry.

Document it. Take a photo and  write down the date and time you found it. Maybe call  them on Monday to tell them. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrMrsandBaby:
    I think you should not wait until Wednesday. Take pictures and call or go in on Monday.

Agreed. If it has happened a second time then they are not handling the situation appropriately. They have protocol when it comes to children who bite.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagepinkshades05:
    imageMrMrsandBaby:
    I think you should not wait until Wednesday. Take pictures and call or go in on Monday.
    Agreed. If it has happened a second time then they are not handling the situation appropriately. They have protocol when it comes to children who bite.

I agree.

• imageShawnee11507:

imagepinkshades05:
    imageMrMrsandBaby:

I agree.

Yes.  I have a friend who's son got kicked out of daycare for biting.  This is necessary because biting is seriously unsanitary.  Definitely do something. 

• I'd take a pic and ask on Monday.
    I know it's upsetting to see a bite mark on your kid but it happens and they'll live through it. Babies bite as exploration not bad behavior.
    I don't neccisarily think the dc did something wrong. If you were say changing a diaper could you keep
    your eyes on at all times 3 or 4 other
    lo's at the same time? No you have to
    look away for a bit. When if Reece cried she may not have seen a mark or maybe she thought it was a scuffle over a toy. There's just so many variables I wouldn't automatically jump to being mad.
  • imagekarleegirl:
    I'd take a pic and ask on Monday.
    I know it's upsetting to see a bite mark on your kid but it happens and they'll live through it. Babies bite as exploration not bad behavior.
    I don't neccisarily think the dc did something wrong. If you were say changing a diaper could you keep
    your eyes on at all times 3 or 4 other
    lo's at the same time? No you have to
    look away for a bit. When if Reece cried she may not have seen a mark or maybe she thought it was a scuffle over a toy. There's just so many variables I wouldn't automatically jump to being mad.

This is how I'm looking at it, I was thinking that the first time the one that bit him was about to transition to the toddler room, but then I saw the bite mark yesterday and was thinking WTF. Who is it and shouldn't they be in another room!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"