3rd Trimester
Options

Kind of dumb question but...

When should I try to tour my hospital's L & D unit? I lived in a different state when DD#1 was born, and my OB scheduled it for me as part of my birthing classes (I was 26wks, as it was the only class that would be OVER before the birth of my dd). 

This time around, I do NOT want to repeat the birthing classes-- I think the classes wound up causing more panic attacks than the first time pregnancy! This said, I have no idea when would be ideal for DH and I to tour the hospital and no one has suggested it yet.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: Kind of dumb question but...

• Options
    I would just call and ask if they have tours on certain days/times and pick a day and go that works for your schedule. It doesn't really hurt if you go early just in case you have baby earlier then your first this time around!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think I went around 30 weeks this time? I'm delivering at a different hospital than I did with DD#1. They also let me pre-register while I was there for the tour.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We toured at 31 weeks. But they only did it certain times and days so I would do as PP suggested and call.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We're going next week so I'll be 33 weeks then. We had to pre-register for ours so like PPs said, you probably should call the hospital or see if their website has any information. Our hospital had all of the information we needed online.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You can check the hospital website/call them for when they offer tours. I'm not doing a birthing class, just the tour, and I'm going tomorrow at 35 & a half weeks.
  • Options
    I think if you call L&D ahead of time and introduce yourself they would be more than happy to have you come in at that time as long as they are NOT busy.  If they are busy they will probably suggest you call back another time to check again on how busy they are.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd ask your OB or call the hospital.  We didn't do this at all...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"