September 2012 Moms
Options

Target Brand Formula

G has been on Enfamil Gentlease.  I bought the target brand that was comparable to the enfamil gentlease but it appears different.  The smell is different and the texture.  I know a few of you have switched and used it and I am wondering if you noticed the difference?  I've mixed it with the enfamil for now and will try and switch her eventually (I have a few more enfamil checks).  Just wondering everyone's success with the formula. 

Re: Target Brand Formula

• Options
    We use Similac sensitive and we did not have good luck. I really wanted it to work, it's much cheaper. We tried it for three days and he started eating a lot less each feeding, 3 ozs instead of 5. He also didn't poop for a day or two and, when he did, it was a kind of hard, round ball. That scared me and we decided to go back to Similac. Other people have had success though. I did notice it seems a little heavier in texture, maybe that's why we had that trouble.
  • Options

imagedelaine0821:
    We use Similac sensitive and we did not have good luck. I really wanted it to work, it's much cheaper. We tried it for three days and he started eating a lot less each feeding, 3 ozs instead of 5. He also didn't poop for a day or two and, when he did, it was a kind of hard, round ball. That scared me and we decided to go back to Similac. Other people have had success though. I did notice it seems a little heavier in texture, maybe that's why we had that trouble.

G is already on 2oz of pear juice a day to help with hard poops.  I'm thinking I will cut it 50/50 for now.  See how that does....

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We were having some tummy troubles with Nathan, and our pedi suggested that I just add some dark Karo syrup to his bottles (1 to 1-1/2 tbsp) per bottle and it really helped. 

Maybe just do that and use the plain formula? 

ETA: I don't do it all the time. I only add it when he's having issues. 

Vroom, vroom.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Planning Bio | Married Bio | Blog

• Options
    We use up & up and she does better with that gentlease than with enfamil for some reason enfamil gentlease made her gassy and she spit up lots but since we switch she is happy and less gassy and barely spits up so it worked for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Do you have a BJs wholesale or Costco near you? we were just at BJs here and the named brand formulas were alot cheaper

for example the similac soy for a canister that makes 64-4oz bottles it was 29.99 and at the stores its a canister that makes like 32-4oz bottles for the same price.

maybe go and look around at the prices at whatever wholesale club you have and see and then coinsider getting a membership. our membership was 40$ for 13mo (bought 11/30 expires 1/14) and got 2 cards. 

might be worth it.

• Options
    We switched to SAMs club brand Simply Right Gentle (comparable to gentlease) - even cheaper than up&up and it has been great so far!  The up&up sensitive did not work for us - their poop got kind of hard on it!  So weird!  We never did try the target gentle though.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"