Success after IF

Intro! About to TTC #2 & nervous (long, oops!)

Hi ladies!!!

I used to be on 3T before my BFP with my 22-month-old daughter, and have lurked all over since then. I'm ready to get back into the Bump World more regularly and look forward to getting to know everyone!

My story isn't much compared to so many here: Got my BFP with my second IUI with injectibles on my 14th cycle (we got help early thanks to a proactive doc who suggested it b/c of my history).

Initial dx was MFI. In fact, when DH was getting his results, the doctor told DH that he probably wouldn't even have much luck with IVF. That was hell, and we thought we were headed straight for adoption. But, the only bad number was the 0% morph. Ha. After some diet/vitamin changes, DH's retest had improved to a whopping 2% morph. Oy.

Anyway, I believe morph is subjective and firmly believe the problem was mostly with me. I get zero EWCM, plus I may have had some scarring from a LEEP. Which I believe played a part in my FTP during labor (not even to 5cm).

So, 25 hours of labor after my water broke, my healthy 9lb, 5oz DD was born via c-section while I was knocked out. Yep, the epidural wasn't numbing me enough.

Anyway, I'm nervous about starting down this road again. I plan on temping to start, then going straight to injectibles/IUI if needed. Clomid sucks. And I hate being consumed by trying, as much as I try not to be, KWIM?

I'm mostly nervous about the whole VBAC/RCS thing, and if it'll go better this time -- but I'll deal with that later, I guess. 

Sorry this is so long -- did I mention I'm a writer? LOL Thanks if you made it this far.

If I could remember how to post a freakin' picture, I'd be posting this one of everyone cheers-ing with a bunch of mugs of beer. Because I'm a beer kinda girl. CHEERS!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro! About to TTC #2 & nervous (long, oops!)

• Welcome and GL!  Good to see you back here!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imageL&R70707:
    Welcome and GL!  Good to see you back here!

Aw, thank you! I'm excited to be be back.

Seriously, I tell my friends all the time that I don't know how I would've survived IF without TB and all you wonderful ladies. The knowledge and support I've received here has meant so much to me.

(And I haven't even had anything to drink tonight -- guess I'm just super sappy.) 

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome!! Im a "newbie" too and I love this board because it relates so well.
  • imageimoverit:
    Welcome!! Im a "newbie" too and I love this board because it relates so well.

Thank you! :)

Yes, it's kind of hard to go back anywhere else when you've had IF history and been through it all.

• I remember you! Good to see you! Good luck!
  • imagejme515:
    I remember you! Good to see you! Good luck!

Thanks, jme! :) 

• imageOceanBreeze1:

imagejme515:

It's really nice to see some of the old gang around the Bump. :-)

• imagejme515:
    imageOceanBreeze1:

imagejme515:

It's nice to come back to some familiar faces! (btw, we're FB friends, lol! My daughter is obsessed with cats, if that helps.) 

• Welcome :)
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • imageDragonfly1226:
    Welcome :)
    Thank you! :)
  • imageOceanBreeze1:
    imagejme515:
    imageOceanBreeze1:

imagejme515:

It's nice to come back to some familiar faces! (btw, we're FB friends, lol! My daughter is obsessed with cats, if that helps.) 

Yeah, I know we are FB friends, it's just nice to see you on TB too. Seems like most of the girls from the olden days have flown the coop, except for L&R, Papps and a few others...

• imagejme515:
    imageOceanBreeze1:
    imagejme515:
    imageOceanBreeze1:

imagejme515:

Yeah, I know we are FB friends, it's just nice to see you on TB too. Seems like most of the girls from the olden days have flown the coop, except for L&R, Papps and a few others...

Ha, just making sure! ;) I have a hard time remembering screen names sometimes. It does feel nice having you and hopefully other oldies to talk to -- I feel like we all went through so much together and it's kinda nice to have that familiarity as I'm getting all nervous again.

• Hi!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • imageChicagoWeded2007:
    Hi!

Hi back! :) 

• Welcome back! Good luck with TTC #2 and hopefully the RCS goes smoothly when the time comes :)
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Welcome and cheers right back. I'm also a beer kinda gal! GL TTC number 2!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • imagemdiblasi10:
    Welcome back! Good luck with TTC 2 and hopefully the RCS goes smoothly when the time comes :

Thank you so much! :
  • imageTJ1979:
    Welcome and cheers right back. I'm also a beer kinda gal! GL TTC number 2!

Thanks! Good, I found a beer buddy! Lol
  • Welcome & GL ttc #2 :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a failure of labor to progress with DS1, although I was induced at 41 wk and hadn't even been in the hospital for 24 hrs and it had only been a few hrs since she broke my waters. (I firmly believe her shift was almost over and she wanted to deliver me before she left and that is why I had the c/s.) It was an awful experience for me. I felt like I was being crucified. The nurses wouldn't let me leave my bed for days. Horrible.

I switched OBs for my DS2, I had to go into labor on my own in order to try for a VBAC, although I could tell he didn't love the idea. He wouldn't let me go past my EDD though and since I never went into labor on my own I had a RCS on my due date. He promised it would be a better experience. Told the whole OR team that it was bad last time and that they needed to do a better job. And it was, the meds were better, I didn't have violent arm shaking during the surgery. And afterwards the nurses got me out of bed the second day.

I don't look forward to a 3rd c/s, but it is what it is. And this time I'll pack sunglasses for during the surgery. :) 

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Bump fart
  • imagequeenbone:
    I had a failure of labor to progress with DS1, although I was induced at 41 wk and hadn't even been in the hospital for 24 hrs and it had only been a few hrs since she broke my waters. I firmly believe her shift was almost over and she wanted to deliver me before she left and that is why I had the c/s. It was an awful experience for me. I felt like I was being crucified. The nurses wouldn't let me leave my bed for days. Horrible.I switched OBs for my DS2, I had to go into labor on my own in order to try for a VBAC, although I could tell he didn't love the idea. He wouldn't let me go past my EDD though and since I never went into labor on my own I had a RCS on my due date. He promised it would be a better experience. Told the whole OR team that it was bad last time and that they needed to do a better job. And it was, the meds were better, I didn't have violent arm shaking during the surgery. And afterwards the nurses got me out of bed the second day. I don't look forward to a 3rd c/s, but it is what it is. And this time I'll pack sunglasses for during the surgery. :nbsp;

Wow, I'm so sorry your first c/s went down like that but glad the next one was better. At least you know now that a c/s doesn't have to be horrible, right?! Lots of luck.

And if I have a RCS, I'm totally wearing thermal underwear in there. My teeth were chattering, it was so damn cold!
  • Bump fart again. Stupid phone.
  • imagemg0202:
    Welcome back and good luck!

Thank you! ;
  • Welcome! I'm a wine girl, so I'll cheers with that :)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesarabrn:
    Welcome! I'm a wine girl, so I'll cheers with that :)

LOL, I'll take it! Thanks and cheers! :) 

• Welcome and GL!

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
    2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
    IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
    IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
    IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
    Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

• imagepatchen30:
    Welcome and GL!

Thank you! 

• Good luck to you!

TTC #1 since 8/09, Dx MFI 4/10
    IUI #1: 6/10 = Cancelled, IUI #2: 7/10 = Cancelled, IVF #1: 9/10 = BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 6/14/11

TTC #2
    IVF #2 - Oct/Nov 2012: 11/5 - eSET - 7 Frosties - BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 7/17/13