2nd Trimester
Options

Christmas - 3D ultrasound

DH and I live states away from our families and don't get to see them that often. That being said I have not gotten to share any of the special "baby" moments with my mom (her and I are very close). So DH and I have decided that as a Christmas present to my parents and his, we are going to get a 3D ultrasound in 2 weeks. Our plan is to wrap the CD and the ultrasound with the gender on it and have them open it Christmas morning. This way we are telling them in person and get to share that moment with them. I am nervous though that it will be too early to tell the gender (I'll be 17 weeks) and that it won't happen!
Also, I'm debating finding out the gender at the appt or waiting until my parents open it and finding out then. DH says he's finding out at the appt...I'm torn. 

Does anyone else have experience with 3D ultrasounds? Or think we're crazy for getting it done at 17 weeks?  

Re: Christmas - 3D ultrasound

• Options
    Great gift! 17 is not early for them to see at 17 weeks on a 3d! They can see it on a normal ultrasound at 18 weeks! It will be fine.
  • Options
    We are doing a Christmas gender reveal for Christmas too! But we are doing it with a card. Im going in at 16 1/2 Weeks. My place made me 2 appts. So if baby doesn't cooperate that Wednesday I can come back that Friday For free. If not needed the 2nd one is canceled.
    I think it depends on the place you are going for accuracy. How did you hear about them? I was told by my dr's office about my place. I asked them they said that's why they recommend the place because all their moms have great reviews for the early 2d gender sono.
    Ask your place if they let you come back for free if baby doesn't cooperate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I found them online after a friend recommend I look into doing something like that. They have really good reviews and their website does say that if the baby doesn't cooperate they would reschedule at no additional charge. But I have a dr's appt before that appt. So I will probably ask my dr and see what she says! 
  • Options
    imagejmarie051912:
    I found them online after a friend recommend I look into doing something like that. They have really good reviews and their website does say that if the baby doesn't cooperate they would reschedule at no additional charge. But I have a dr's appt before that appt. So I will probably ask my dr and see what she says!nbsp;

That's a good idea, ask your doc. But I bet baby will cooperate. Drink lots of water don't pee before you go LOL. I'm a 2nd time Mom and I'll be 15 wks tomorrow I feel baby fluttering like crazy already. Baby was also very active a few Weeks ago on my last doctor sono. So Im pretty hopeful we are going to be able to see his or her parts. So excited to reveal for Christmas!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"