February 2012 Moms
Options

What movie do you automatically put down the remote for?

I also posted this in the dads board, and it got me even more curious to see responses here.  This isn't necessarily guilty pleasure movie, but one you automatically stop for.

Today I had a ton of things to get accomplished around the house, so was flipping channels to get to SportsCenter for some background noise and came across The Searchers on TCM.  I stopped flipping and was immediately tuned in.  I watched for nearly an hour before I finally snapped out of it and rushed to finish everything.

What movie does this to you?
there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?

Re: What movie do you automatically put down the remote for?

• Options
    Steel magnolias.. Cheesy I know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Any of the Back to the Future movies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Goodies and Breakfast at Tiffany's

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The Princess Bride

• Options
    imagepennyandandy:

These for me too. Assuming you meant Goonies :. Also Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, the Holiday, and the ABC original Lucky Seven. Love that movie!
  • Options
    Zoolander and Superbad.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP # 1 - June 2nd, 2011 - EDD Feb 5, 2012 Birthday Feb 10, 2012 BFP # 2 - Jan 19, 2012 - EDD Sept 24, 2013 - CP Jan 24, 2012
  • Options
    Any Heath Ledger movie, but especially 10 Things I Hate About You. It's the movie I "fell in love" with him. Lol
  • Options

imagecbcarden:
    Any Heath Ledger movie, but especially 10 Things I Hate About You. It's the movie I "fell in love" with him. Lol

I first crushed on SO because he reminded me of Heath Ledger from 10 Things I Hate About You 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • Options
    My Best Friend's Wedding!
    BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageHattieLove:

imagecbcarden:

I first crushed on SO because he reminded me of Heath Ledger from 10 Things I Hate About You 

I would crush on anyone who reminded me of Heath Ledger. LOL
  • Options

The Notebook, The Departed, The Day After Tomorrow, Top Gun, Father of the Bride, Up Close and Personal, and GoodFellas... to name a few cause I could never pick just one

I know, I have odd taste in movies

• Options

Underworld or Resident Evil most often

Elf or Enchanted

• Options

Dirty Dancing,  The Cutting Edge.  Any of the Brat Pack movies. Silence of the Lambs.  Sound of Music. Elf.  White Christmas. Family Stone. 

Aaaaaand I own most of these. Somehow it seems more "special" when they come on TV... like some TV exec chose it just for me!  

11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • Options
    Now that all the Christmas movies are coming on TV, I'm pretty screwed.  But during the non-Christmas season: Pretty Woman, any of the Harry Potters (Da*n you ABC Family and your weekend marathons..), any of the Princess Diaries, Boondock Saints, Top Gun, Greese, Maid in Manhattan, Wedding Planner.. Just to name a few..
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options

imageallisons1014:
    imagepennyandandy:
    These for me too. Assuming you meant Goonies :. Also Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, the Holiday, and the ABC original Lucky Seven. Love that movie!

Lol, I did. Agree with Sound of Music, as well. 

• Options
    Top Gun for me as well. Easy Rider. Smokey and the Bandit. Forrest Gump.

I'm secretly a dude.
  • Options
    The Dark Knight. One of my fave movies of all time and I can't stop watching. 

• Options
    Across the Universe, Mean Girls, Harry Potter, and most Disney movies.
  • Options
    Sweet Home Alabama, Steel Magnolias, Dirty Dancing

• Options

imagejldubb0626:
    Now that all the Christmas movies are coming on TV, I'm pretty screwed.  But during the non-Christmas season: Pretty Woman, any of the Harry Potters (Da*n you ABC Family and your weekend marathons..), any of the Princess Diaries, Boondock Saints, Top Gun, Greese, Maid in Manhattan, Wedding Planner.. Just to name a few..

Ummm...are you my secret BFF??? I LOVE these!! And ABC Family marathons are the best! 

• Options

Star Wars (the old ones not the newer ones) Sound of Music, Gone with the Wind, Home Alone 1 or 2, Dirty Dancing and Talladega nights.

Someone put the Boodock Saints: LOVE that movie, the first one and the second one.

"Before cancer I just lived, now I LIVESTRONG"- Lance Armstrong. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dirty Dancing, any Batman movie, PS I Love You, Boondock Saints, Sweet Home Alabama, any "older" Adam Sandler movie
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"