December 2012 Moms
Options

XP: Do contractions feel like...

Repeated painful pulsing for a minute or so, then they stop and start up again? Or are they usually one solid/steady pain for a minute or so, then stop? I've been contractiony and in some pretty steady (not unbearable) pain all day, and I'm feeling the LO moving around lower than I've ever felt (right above my pubic bone). I'm only 39 weeks, so I'm thinking it's probably not labor. But is this what I should expect?

Re: XP: Do contractions feel like...

• Options
    For me, contractions felt like a wave...a building wave that built in intensity until a peak at around 30 seconds...then slowly descended away to absolutely no pain/discomfort at all.  A few minutes of being completely fine and feeling nothing...and then another slow build in intensity to a peak...and then back to completely fine.  Like rhythmic, controlled waves.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Usually it's pretty steady pain, escalating and then eventually dissipating. If it's on and off, it could be baby movement, like LO's head pressing against your cervix. Sometimes when my LO moves around a lot it almost feels like a contraction! 39 weeks is not too early to have labor contractions though...
    Jude Wayne - Born 4/23/10 Violet Patricia - Born 12/5/12 Breastfeeding, baby-wearing work-at-home mom of 2 living in Rockville, MD
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I kind of figured it'd be more of a steady pain. I think the LO was just uncomfortable for a few minutes there while I was in the car. Once I got home and ate, he or she seemed to calm down. Thanks!
  • Options

imageStefandTodd:
    For me, contractions felt like a wave...a building wave that built in intensity until a peak at around 30 seconds...then slowly descended away to absolutely no pain/discomfort at all.  A few minutes of being completely fine and feeling nothing...and then another slow build in intensity to a peak...and then back to completely fine.  Like rhythmic, controlled waves.

This. Though, mine seem to peak at 45 seconds and then go down. But that's just different bodies acting different ways. You may feel it in your back, and you may not, fyi. I've felt some really heavily in my back, and some around the belly button (both monitored). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"