February 2012 Moms
Options

Flu shot side effects?

Austin had the 2nd dose of the flu shot on Monday. He was fine all week until yesterday. Since yesterday he's been congested with a slight cough, lethargic/ whiny, and eating less and pooping more. He usually goes 1x a day, but today went at 2am, 7am, 11, 2, 4 and just now again. He doesn't have a fever and his poop is regular consistency. Should I call the pedi? Is it from the shot or a little virus? Thanks!

Edited for grammar 

BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Flu shot side effects?

• Options
    I think it could be a side effect from the flu shot, but our whole family had a virus just like your described this past week. I gave Ethan tylenol a few times, and it ran its course. I wouldn't call unless he has a really high fever, is vomiting or his stool gets loose, but that's me. Just do what makes you feel comfortable.

ETA: I just noticed that it was Monday. My brain isn't working because I read it as yesterday. It probably is something else
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks. I figure we'll see how tomorrow goes and go from there.
    BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd say it's probably not the shot!  Teething?  Ate something different?  I'd say if he was going to 'react' to the shot, he would've done it before today. JMO

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"