Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

When your friend gets KU and you dont

Hi everyone

I just need a little advice here.  As background I have been TTC going on month 5 now (I know- not a long time). 2 months ago I confided in one of my close friends that we were TTC (she is the ONLY ONE who knows) and I told her how it could take a normal healthy couple up to a year. She took that as her cue to start trying right away- well she did, and she just informed me that she is pregnant. I am really truly happy for her, I swear. But the truth is I also feel so jealous, and its really kicking up my anxiety during the 2ww. I think the disappointment will be even greater this month as my close friend and only IRL friend who knows about my TTC is pregnant right in front of me. I will continue to be supportive and happy for her and I wont ever let her know that I feel this way but I needed a place to vent my feelings so I'm doing it here. What makes me sad is that she told me she was afraid to tell me because she thought she'd make me feel bad. I'm told her that I was nothing but happy for her and would never want her to keep that from me. I could never tell her the truth about my jealousy. 

I am sure many of you have been through similar. I know, her getting pregnant doesn't reduce my chances, etc. I just needed some support from some ladies who know how I feel since I have no one else to talk to

Thanks in advance

Re: When your friend gets KU and you dont

• Options
    imageDA682:

Hi everyone

I just need a little advice here.  As background I have been TTC going on month 5 now (I know- not a long time). 2 months ago I confided in one of my close friends that we were TTC (she is the ONLY ONE who knows) and I told her how it could take a normal healthy couple up to a year. She took that as her cue to start trying right away- well she did, and she just informed me that she is pregnant. I am really truly happy for her, I swear. But the truth is I also feel so jealous, and its really kicking up my anxiety during the 2ww. I think the disappointment will be even greater this month as my close friend and only IRL friend who knows about my TTC is pregnant right in front of me. I will continue to be supportive and happy for her and I wont ever let her know that I feel this way but I needed a place to vent my feelings so I'm doing it here. What makes me sad is that she told me she was afraid to tell me because she thought she'd make me feel bad. I'm told her that I was nothing but happy for her and would never want her to keep that from me. I could never tell her the truth about my jealousy. 

I am sure many of you have been through similar. I know, her getting pregnant doesn't reduce my chances, etc. I just needed some support from some ladies who know how I feel since I have no one else to talk to

Thanks in advance

You just have to remind yourself that their fertility has nothing to do with your fertility.  I am actually at the point where friends and coworkers have gotten pregnant and had their babies all while I am sill TTC.  It sucks, but I try not to dwell on it.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options

Sometimes it happens fast, sometimes it can take time.  I have a family member that is expecting and wasn't trying.  They actually moved up the wedding date because they didn't want to deal with the wedding 2 months before the baby arrived.  I took the news a little hard (over the phone, but it was CD 1 on cycle 10 I think), but I'm really happy for them.  They probably would have felt the same way about announcing to us if they knew we were TTC, but only a few people actually know.  Today is CD 1 of cycle 12 and I'm just staying positive and looking at reasons that timing for us is more ideal than it would have been months ago even though we're just as ready as we were in the beginning.  It can be tough at times, you just have to hang in there and don't lose hope.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have felt the same way! I told my sister in march we were trying, and after a couple months of nothing for us,she began trying and was pregnant the first time they didnt use a condom in their 8 year marriage! I did feel jealous, but also so happy for her. I know what you are going through. We just have to keep our heads up, and remember its not a race, our time will hopefully come! Its ok to feel like this, I just try not to dwell on it. I keep in mind ladies had babies before me, and some will after me, thats just life! Hang in there!
    TTC since March 2012 703641_497247786974599_1318392816_o 602828_513255402040504_2045604480_n
  • Options
    I can totally see the jealousy side. I would be the same way. Try to remember that when it's right it will happen for you, and that baby will be such a great addition to your life that you wont be looking back and feeling jealous anymore. Just hang in there.
  • Options
    If she is your good friend I would just be honest with her. Let her know that it did sting a little bit to hear the news but it does not take away from your happiness for her. If the whole TTC process has you frustrated it might feel good to know you have someone IRL that you can talk to about it. Hope you feel better either way.
    Photobucket
  • Options

imageColeRose:
    It happens, her fertility has nothing to do with yours. Blog?

By blog are you saying that this post would have fared better as a blog entry? 

• Options
    imageColeRose:
    imageDA682:

imageColeRose:

I'm saying when I'm frustrated and need to vent, I blog it out and it makes me feel better. Just a suggestion.

Gotcha, thanks. I'm so shy about blogging and I admire the ladies that blog and put it out there for us to read. Maybe I'll consider doing a private one 

• Options
    I'm sorry. I'm sure it stings a bit you're only human! I hope you get your BFP soon.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options

Yup, I haven't announced I'm trying. My hubby has told, which fine OK whatever. But I have a sil who is accidentally pregnant and a cousin who is pregnant by surprised!!!!!

Its hard. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It IS hard. It's only natural to get quietly upset.

Example. Today I let a good friend in on the plan to start trying again in January and she said that she just stopped her bc to try for 2. They got pregnant super fast with 1 so I got slightly bummed that more than likely shed be pregnant for the second time before I am with my first.

Then I sucked it up and told myself whatever happens with them has nothing to do with me and all I can do is bang it out...hehe...and keep trying.

Anniversary

• Options

I know how you feel, my best friend got pregnant this past January and just had her baby.  I was extremely happy for her yet also sad because I wanted me to be pregnant, are plan was to always get pregnant at the same time, but unfortunately it didn't work out that way.  She just had a baby boy last month and I am beyond happy for them it makes me want a baby even more. 

I think it is some what normal to want it to be you that's pregnant, as long as you stay friends and be supportive is what matters the most! It will be your turn hopefully soon and she will be there for you when you are pregnant! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • Options
    imageColeRose:

imagekristin1007:
    I can totally see the jealousy side. I would be the same way. Try to remember that when it's right it will happen for you, and that baby will be such a great addition to your life that you wont be looking back and feeling jealous anymore. Just hang in there.

So I should just tell my ute to let me when it is right and it will happen. I hope it is a two-way conversation. Shiitz I should throw away my OPKs and BBT then.

I heart you!!! Tell my ute too while your at it!

***DD 5/15/2004***TTC #2 Since March 2012***Severe MFI*** LameBlog ***

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    imageDA682:
    imageColeRose:
    imageDA682:

imageColeRose:

I'm saying when I'm frustrated and need to vent, I blog it out and it makes me feel better. Just a suggestion.

Gotcha, thanks. I'm so shy about blogging and I admire the ladies that blog and put it out there for us to read. Maybe I'll consider doing a private one 

You're shy about blogging? Yet you wrote a long post on your personal feelings about a personal friend, on a message board, on the internet for the entire wide world web to see. Huh.

• Options
    imagegonzol:
    imagebakes4u:
    imageDA682:
    imageColeRose:
    imageDA682:

imageColeRose:

You're shy about blogging? Yet you wrote a long post on your personal feelings about a personal friend, on a message board, on the internet for the entire wide world web to see. Huh.

Yeaaa... What bakes said. If you're shy about doing a private blog, but have no problem posting on a public message board...  Tongue Tied

No I just mean that most blogs are not really anonymous.  I feel shy about putting myself out there like that on a blog. I can be anonymous on TB. Not sure why you feel the need to kick me while I'm feeling down? How does my comment on blogging matter? 

• Options
    imagegonzol:
    imagebakes4u:
    imageDA682:
    imageColeRose:
    imageDA682:

imageColeRose:

Yeaaa... What bakes said. If you're shy about doing a private blog, but have no problem posting on a public message board...  Tongue Tied

• Options
    imageDA682:

No I just mean that most blogs are not really anonymous.  I feel shy about putting myself out there like that on a blog. I can be anonymous on TB. Not sure why you feel the need to kick me while I'm feeling down? How does my comment on blogging matter? 

My blog is as anonymous as anything I put on here.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    imageDA682:
    imagegonzol:
    imagebakes4u:
    imageDA682:
    imageColeRose:
    imageDA682:

imageColeRose:

Please put on your big girl panties. No one is kicking you please stop being dramatic. Simply pointing out some holes in your logic. And btw nothing is truly anonymous on the internet. You can always be traced somehow some way.
  • Options
    imageL&R70707:
    imageDA682:

My blog is as anonymous as anything I put on here.

Fair enough- I acknowledge an anonymous blog is possible, I never said anything bad about blogging, anonymous or not.  Just not sure why I deserved snark on this post, thats all, when I was simply asking for some advice/support.  Thanks to those who did offer some support I appreciate it.

• Options
    imagebakes4u:
    imageDA682:
    imagegonzol:
    imagebakes4u:
    imageDA682:
    imageColeRose:
    imageDA682:

imageColeRose:

Please put on your big girl panties. No one is kicking you please stop being dramatic. Simply pointing out some holes in your logic. And btw nothing is truly anonymous on the internet. You can always be traced somehow some way.

alright, I'm over it. Thanks 

• Options
    imageDA682:

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance

I wasn't saying that you said something bad about blogging you didn't. I was pointing out how you are posting on a message board the exact same way you would on a blog for the world to see anonymous or not.

As for the snark my main issue with your OP is that the bolded above is implying your friend got totes KU because you told her you were trying and so she jumped on the ttc train also. Is that what you are trying to say? And now you're slightly jealous because she got pregnant first? I find it a bit ridiculous and a litte immature hence my snark.

• Options
    imagebakes4u:
    imageDA682:

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance

I wasn't saying that you said something bad about blogging you didn't. I was pointing out how you are posting on a message board the exact same way you would on a blog for the world to see anonymous or not.

As for the snark my main issue with your OP is that the bolded above is implying your friend got totes KU because you told her you were trying and so she jumped on the ttc train also. Is that what you are trying to say? And now you're slightly jealous because she got pregnant first? I find it a bit ridiculous and a litte immature hence my snark.

Nope I'm just telling the timeline of how it happened. She did start earlier than planned because she didn't realize it could take a while, that's all I'm saying. She got lucky in that it didn't take her long at all
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sorry that sucks. Considering how close you are you could actually tell her you are jealous, but it depends on how you think she'd react. You probably know her well and are making the right decision. I'm glad she was eventually willing to tell you. Some friendships get broken up over this kind of thing. I hope you get your BFP very soon so that you can both be pregnant together. Along those same lines I'm hoping my sister is trying (she wants to but her husband was not ready last we talked about that 3 mo ago) and that we get end up being pregnant at the same time. It would be cool to have kids the same age.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I understand how you feel. Two people in 5 days have told me they're pregnant. One being my cousin and one a close friend who has been on this TTC journey with me. I'm not but happy for them, not a jealous bone. My husband didn't take it as well as me and I only told him about my cousin! He said he feels alot more pressure now, and it's kind of rubbing off on me. I'm in 2WW and FXs.

Try not to let it get to you too much, or think too much about it. You never know what will happen! Now you have a close friend who will go through things before you and can help you along the way once you get there!  

• Options

My best friend is the only other person who knows too. She has three kids, the first 2 where unplanned and the 3rd took 4 months of TTC. She was really excited because a lot of her close friends are pregnant/TTC and she is for once not and not planing on it. Then after my first BFN, she tells me that her period is 4 days late.

(she ended up not being pregnant, though lol)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    I kinda felt that way at work this month.  Two different people announced that they were expecting, with their third each.  I'm just hoping for one at this point!  Another staff member commented "They totally planned that to line up with summer break" (I work at a school)  and I couldn't help but think..... yeah, I was planning on a May baby too, but doesn't always work that way, does it?!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"