Baby Names
Options

spelling question

DH & I are still struggling between names, and stumbled upon this name. we both sort of like it, but can't decide which spelling we like.  what say you ladies?[Poll]

Re: spelling question

• Options
    I think it depends on how you would pronounce it. Keera or Keyareuh or Keyairuh?
  • Options
    Oops and it took out all my hyphens bc I'm mobile bumping.. I wasn't suggesting those unique spellings! Haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAmaryllis619:
    phonetically we'd pronounce it (Keera)

If this is your pronunciation, then I believe the correct spelling is Keira. Kiera would be pronounced more like Ki-er-ah (3 syllables vs. 2). 

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    imagekleigh926:

imageAmaryllis619:
    phonetically we'd pronounce it (Keera)

If this is your pronunciation, then I believe the correct spelling is Keira. Kiera would be pronounced more like Ki-er-ah (3 syllables vs. 2). 

Agree
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    imageAmaryllis619:
    phonetically we'd pronounce it Keera

In German, the "ie" and "ei" combos are pronounced by saying the name of the second letter, so that Kiera would sound like "Key" ra, and Keira would sound like K "eye" ra. So with my German background, I default to the Kiera spelling.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm lurking here, but I have a student who spells it Kira. It is pronounced K-ear-uh.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageEmerald27:
    imageAmaryllis619:
    phonetically we'd pronounce it Keera
    In German, the "ie" and "ei" combos are pronounced by saying the name of the second letter, so that Kiera would sound like "Key" ra, and Keira would sound like K "eye" ra. So with my German background, I default to the Kiera spelling.
    Exactly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I before E except after C. lol
    TTC since 2004, Ectopic 2005, lost right tube. Multiple miscarriages. Baby girl born June 2013.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"