Baby Names
Options

Braelyn

Does Braelyn sound like a made up name? Any likes/dislikes about it? I usually don't like "different" type names, but for some reason, I think Braelyn is pretty.

Re: Braelyn

• Options

It does, sorry.

IMO, it's just not pleasant sounding.   

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Yes, it sounds made-up. It's extremely trendy. I don't like it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't like how it sounds, sorry.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    not a fan. looks very made up and trendy with the ae and the y... just not my style at all. but if you love it, use it! 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Options
    Sounds very made up. NMS at all. 
  • Options

imagemj.reilly:
    Yes, it does. I think it's awful. It doesn't sound different. It sounds trendy, youneek, and "Teen Mom" ish. I can't picture an adult named Braelyn, let alone a professional woman. That and the whole "bray" sound of a donkey is not attractive at all.

All of this, especially the bolded.  

FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    imagemimi4347:

imagemj.reilly:
    Yes, it does. I think it's awful. It doesn't sound different. It sounds trendy, youneek, and "Teen Mom" ish. I can't picture an adult named Braelyn, let alone a professional woman. That and the whole "bray" sound of a donkey is not attractive at all.

All of this, especially the bolded.  

+1
  • Options
    It sounds made up and all kinds of trendy.  Super NMS.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    yes it sounds made up to me and it's really not my style
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It sounds made up and the spelling is youneek.  Overall this name is too special snowflake for me.
  • Options
    Braelyn doesn't just sound made up, it is made up. And, like a previous poster said, it reminds me of a donkey (bray: to utter the loud, harsh cry of a donkey).
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options

I dislike it. Sorry. :(

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Options
    Braelyn is horrible!!
  • Options
    In all honestly, I think it's horrible. Sorry OP.
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• Options
    Add me to the "reminds me of a donkey" list. That's the first thing I think of every time I hear this name. Not a fan.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    I like the way it sounds. I also like Braeden for a boy. BUT i'm not using either because they are too trendy.  If you love it, go for it! 
  • Options
    I like Braylon. On a boy- if you like U of M you know what I'm saying. 
  • Options
    A close friend has a son named Braeden and a daughter Braelynn... nms, but it suits her.
  • Options
    I'm sorry OP, but I really REALLY dislike that name. Yes it's super trendy and made up sounding. AND it combines two of my naming pet peeves, the 'ae' letter combo and tacking 'lyn' onto the end of a random syllable and calling it a girl's name. Now that I've realized that, it might actually be my most hated girl's name.
  • Options
    Agree with everyone else - possible alternatives: Brynn, Brenna, Brienne, Brianna
  • Options
    Wow, I am kinds shocked at the responses. Aren't all names made up? They came from somewhere. Anyway, its a famous basketball player. Male spelled Braylon. I think it sounds girly though and considered Braylen for a girl. And when I told people everyone loved it. If you like it go for it.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Guess I'm the oddball I like Braelyn. 
  • Options
    I like it. I heard it first watching ESPN, Braylon Edwards is a pro football player. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageHBGroz6912:
    Wow, I am kinds shocked at the responses. Aren't all names made up? They came from somewhere. Anyway, its a famous basketball player. Male spelled Braylon. I think it sounds girly though and considered Braylen for a girl. And when I told people everyone loved it. If you like it go for it.

just because people tell you they "like it" doesn't mean they really do. You probably just have polite friends.

Sorry OP, I agree with previous posters. Sounds very trendy, made up and "teen mom." Not to mention to very feminine at all. 

Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageGuillerma:

imageHBGroz6912:

just because people tell you they "like it" doesn't mean they really do. You probably just have polite friends.

Sorry OP, I agree with previous posters. Sounds very trendy, made up and "teen mom." Not to mention to very feminine at all. 

i like it because it doesn't sound like a typical girlie name.  But then my future LO name isn't girly either if its a girl.

• Options
    I definitely think it sounds made-up, I don't like it
  • Options

imageMrsTBird:
    Yes, it sounds made-up. It's extremely trendy. I don't like it.

Yes

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagenattn:
    Does Braelyn sound like a made up name? Any likes/dislikes about it? I usually don't like "different" type names, but for some reason, I think Braelyn is pretty.

It's not my style. Like the male name Brayden, I hear it and I think about a donkey braying.
  • Options

I think if you like it, you should use it. I wouldn't let the opinions about a name sounding "made up" stop me from using a name I like.

From Behind the Name:

"It should be noted that all names had to invented at one point. Normally, the term invented name refers to one of the following.

1. Names that have been recently created by combining letters and syllables for a pleasing sound.
    2. Names based on vocabulary words that have not been traditionally used as names.
    3. Names created by authors, possibly even with invented etymologies (see Tolkien)."

I do not see anything wrong with using an invented or "made up" name.  

• Options
    I like the name, but for a boy only. Sorry :/
    TTC since 2004, Ectopic 2005, lost right tube. Multiple miscarriages. Baby girl born June 2013.
  • Options
    Sorry OP. Another nay.
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageGuillerma:

imageHBGroz6912:

First, I have only discussed most my names with a few people and we are honest that's why I chose hose people. And Braylen was a name I had on a list with ds2 but had a boy. When I was pregnant with number 3 two different friends told me I should add that back on. So trust me I lie to people all the time I know what you are saying. However, there are people who like the name reguardless of what this site says. I have lurked on here and its the same style old names or top 20. If I see Henry, Graham, Edward, Sophia, Emma, Claire I am gonna barf! I would rather have a 'made up' name vs the same name everyone else picked.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"