LGBT Parenting
Options

Digital vs line POAS

I took a digital POAS today at 12dpo. My ticker below is wrong, I have to fix it. I got a BFN and there was no line with digital so I don't know if there is any hcg there. I have beta test on Sunday. Should I test again where you can see the line? My RE nurse is not answering my calls... Maybe because I call too much!
M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
TTC with RE since March 2012
3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
(2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
EDD 11/28/13

Re: Digital vs line POAS

• Options
    In about 4 or 5 days... I promised myself I wouldn't test early but it's really hard to be patient! Sunday will have to be early enough with beta.
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options
    I would either test Sunday morning if you want to have a idea of what the beta results will be, or just wait for beta.  A BFN at this point isn't necessarily a BFN.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know it's hard to wait... Too early to be for sure. Wishing you positives for Sunday. How long til you get the results?
    Iui #1 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 2 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 3 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 4 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 5 = unmedicated = bfp - miscarriage at 5 wks. Iui #6 = nov 2012 = gonal f 75, endotrim 100= chemical pregnancy/bfn
  • Options
    My partner and I are close to the end of our TWW, and plan to test on Sunday with a digital test (supposed to wait until Wednesday).  When I looked at the package it said testing 4 days early was only about 65% accurate or something.  I figure we will probably get a BFN and will just have to retest later in the week.  Luckily we got a good deal on the tests.  Hope your negative turns positive. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I tested with a digital two days in a row and got not pregnant.  On a whim later that night, I tested with a first response pink dye test.  I got a very faint positive. Over the next few days, the line got darker for me but the digital did not tell me positive until the second day testing with the pink dye one.

The first response pink dye one can detect very low amounts of HCG while the digitals don't detect until generally more than and HCG reading of 50-75.

My recommendation, is to hold out until the beta.  If you honestly cannot, go get a first response early response pink dye one.  Stay away from blue ones as they can create false positives off of the evap line.  

Best of luck!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    image2moms2b:

My recommendation, is to hold out until the beta.  If you honestly cannot, go get a first response early response pink dye one.  Stay away from blue ones as they can create false positives off of the evap line. 

All of this.  I only bought FRERs -- that way if I tested close to beta, I could always be pretty sure the result was definitive and didn't have to torture myself over false negatives.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelaynesmomma:
    I know it's hard to wait... Too early to be for sure. Wishing you positives for Sunday. How long til you get the results?

Hi laynesmom, I get the results within 2 hours usually. They know me at the lab by now and let me pick up results in person. The plan is to test in the morning and have breakfast ou while we wait.
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies. I haven't given up hope yet. It was a digital clear blue test so maybe not that sensitive. I'm going in for beta tomorrow.

On the subject of POAS tests, where are you buying the cheapies and what brand? And OPKs? There are months that I have spent 5070 on both.
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options
    Yay! Thank you mommymonster!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options
    Yep, Wondfos. They are as sensitive as the First Response Early Result. Both are listed as 25 mcg, but can show results even lower.  A beta can detect pregnancy as low as 5 mcg of HCG, so I don't think testing before beta day would give a reliable result.
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"