November 2012 Moms
Options

AW. My Big Boy UPDATED w/ pictures as promised

Ok, so small town. My mom worked at the same grocery store for almost 40 years. She has been there through three different company changes. And now, DH works there too in the pharmacy. Anyway, not really relevant, but I felt comfortable doing this. Cu and I went there today and went straight to the meat market and the butcher cleaned the scale and weighed Cu. He weighed in at 9.79lbs!! To put that into perspective. He was 6lbs9oz at birth. At discharge, 6lbs2oz and up to 7lbs6oz at his 2wk check up. He will be 5wks tomorrow. Needless to say, I am so freaking excited at his weight gain! He even changed one of their "Special Buy" stickers to say "Special Boy" and he printed off a label that says 9.79lbs, but he did the reduced meat code, so it says that and 29 and some change. It's going in his baby book. He said next time, he'll do the premium beef code so he's more expensive. LOL DH has the sticker, I'll take pictures and show y'all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW. My Big Boy UPDATED w/ pictures as promised

• Options
    That's adorable!!

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    That is pretty awesome. Sometimes I miss living in a small town. Very cool memento for the baby book. Congrats on the weight gain, I know you were struggling with breastfeeding for a while. Seems like you guys got the hang of it now.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagerachael_c26:
    Ok, so small town. My mom worked at the same grocery store for almost 40 years. She has been there through three different company changes. And now, DH works there too in the pharmacy. Anyway, not really relevant, but I felt comfortable doing this. Cu and I went there today and went straight to the meat market and the butcher cleaned the scale and weighed Cu. He weighed in at 9.79lbs!! To put that into perspective. He was 6lbs9oz at birth. At discharge, 6lbs2oz and up to 7lbs6oz at his 2wk check up. He will be 5wks tomorrow. Needless to say, I am so freaking excited at his weight gain! He even changed one of their "Special Buy" stickers to say "Special Boy" and he printed off a label that says 9.79lbs, but he did the reduced meat code, so it says that and 29 and some change. It's going in his baby book. He said next time, he'll do the premium beef code so he's more expensive. LOL DH has the sticker, I'll take pictures and show y'all.

Aw so cute! G has grown like crazy too!

She was 6lbs10oz at birth, 6lbs8oz at discharge. 7lbs4oz at her 2 weeks, and I just took her to the doctor yesterday because i'm a worrywart FTM and she was 8lbs12oz.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    haha that is actually really cute :) I wish I knew someone at a grocery store!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Too cute! Someday he'll love hearing that story. And then he'll groan after hearing it for the thousandth time...when you tell it at his wedding. Haha!

I remember my mom taking my sisters to the post office to weigh them when we were babies. She was friends with the 2 little old ladies who worked there, they probably loved it. Or thought she was nuts!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We need photos of this chunker!!! I can't wait to see what Teddy weighs on Thursday
    V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is sooo cute. What a cool memory to have!
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I really want to do this at our market! So cute!
    imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"