July 2013 Moms
Options

Nuchal Translucency?

Is anyone else scheduled for this screening? Mine is at 11 weeks, 6 days.
 I was just wondering if anyone else had made the decision for this test?

Regardless of what the odds come back as, both husband and I have decided for personal reasons that we will not go ahead with CVS or amniocentesis but would like to be prepared if the odds come back unusually high. The OB said this test is common as it is completely non-invasive. I am just wondering if that is accurate and if others have decided one way or other on the screening?
*Married 09/2009, TTC since 01/2011* *Clomid X2 with OB/GYN at 50mg, X1 at 100mg, all BFN* *Appointment w/RE 04/2012 (started on metformin)* IUI #1 05/2012 Clomid 200mg + Ovidrel (2 follies) BFN IUI #2 06/2012 Clomid 200mg + Ovidrel + Progesterone (2 follies) BFN IUI #3 10/2012 Clomid 200mg + Ovidrel + Progesterone (1 follie) BFP :) *Beta One 13dpIUI 146 Beta Two 20dpIUI 3281* BabyFetus Ticker *All Welcome*

Re: Nuchal Translucency?

• Options
    We are Jan 21 and I will be 13wks 3days
  • Options
    I'm not 100% sure if I'll be offered one, but if I am I'll take it. It's not fool-proof, but it is a good indicator tool.

Anniversary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC/BFP/FF details in bio

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went through this screening with my 2 other children and will be again this time. I have a date set for Dec 26. I'll be 12w1d.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I see among the post these test either I was never at risk or they are fairly new. My youngest is 9 years old. I know about blood test for certain things and if those results indicate you can get amino, my blood was normal but was offered amnio because of asthma and diabetes to test baby lung function. I refused. 

But what are these other test ? 

• Options
    I'm having it done on 12/21 when I'll be 11 weeks, 4 days.
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • Options
    We're having it done at 12w1d. In Canada they give a positive or negative result based on your ratio risk for downs, trisomy 18 and spina bifida. If we get a positive we will go through with the amnio. We want to know everything possible about our baby's health and we'll go from there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mine is scheduled for Jan 2nd. I will be 12w5d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options

We haven't scheduled yet, but fully intend to. I don't know if we will do any further testing or not if this test doesn't come back the way we hope it does. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The NT and several blood screening are used together give you an assessment of your baby's risk for some specific genetic abnormalities in the second trimester.  Both of those are non invasive (aside from a little blood) , so it won't harm your baby to have them done.  Together, these tests can pick up ~90% of cases of DS, Trisomy 18 and neural tube disorders such as spina bifida.  10% of those conditions may actually be missed despite all the standard diagnostics.

I am planning on doing the bloodwork and the NT test and if there are any abnormalities, we might consider the amnio.  We had to do that with our last pregnancy, but fortunately everything turned out fine.  

I think it's a good idea to have them done, especially if you get coverage from the state and insurance.  If any soft markers show up during the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks, having that information from earlier scans may help you make some decisions about how concerning the findings may be and if you want to pursue further testing.  

• Options
    imageellewoodsSC:

The NT and several blood screening are used together give you an assessment of your baby's risk for some specific genetic abnormalities in the second trimester.  Both of those are non invasive (aside from a little blood) , so it won't harm your baby to have them done.  Together, these tests can pick up ~90% of cases of DS, Trisomy 18 and neural tube disorders such as spina bifida.  10% of those conditions may actually be missed despite all the standard diagnostics.

I am planning on doing the bloodwork and the NT test and if there are any abnormalities, we might consider the amnio.  We had to do that with our last pregnancy, but fortunately everything turned out fine.  

I think it's a good idea to have them done, especially if you get coverage from the state and insurance.  If any soft markers show up during the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks, having that information from earlier scans may help you make some decisions about how concerning the findings may be and if you want to pursue further testing.  

This is great information.

To the PP that said they give you a positive or negative result, that is false.  Only an amnio or CVS could do that.  It gives you the risks of your baby having genetic disorders.  

We did with DD and will with this baby--it is scheduled at 11w5d.  No matter the results, I want to be as prepared as possible.

• Options
    We opted out of all genetic testing with DD and will do the same this time around.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep. We are doing the harmony blood test and nt scan. We are doing it at 12 weeks, 2 days. First available date in the new calendar year so it goes towards our 2013 deductible. :
    pregnancy Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"