2nd Trimester
Options

Stupid comments

And the stupid comments keep coming:

"When is your due date? Oh you are so small/big...so and so is only 2 weeks from your due date and she is much bigger/smaller?" - OK as if I wasn't worried about this already. Thanks for the complex.

"Well your face isn't getting fat so you must be having a boy." - Well you don't have kids so how would you know.

"My your boobs have gotten so big. Are you sure you aren't having twins." - YESSSS!!! Thank you modern technology

"Me and J both had our babies 2 weeks late. So since you are a first time mom you probably will too." - OK thanks...maybe I will be 2 weeks early and you can shove the work up your butts.

Anyone else have the same stupid comments week after week from different people? Please share for some laughs. And remember we only have a few more months of these and then we will get the other types of questions/statements. Just keep laughing at the fact that people just don't think.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stupid comments

• Options
    imageshiningstars626:
    "Well your face isn't getting fat so you must be having a boy."

I had the opposite happen when I was pregnant with DD. Some assface who I had never met before said to me at 14w that I must be having a girl because she could see it in my face. Lady, you've never seen me before in your life and just told me that I have a fat face. Way to be klassy.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The other day I had a girl tell me that she could really tell I am preggo in my face!!!! B**ch!! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageshiningstars626:

When I was pregnant with DS, I actually had a worker at a grocery store check out tell me that I must be having a boy because my ass wasn't getting fat.

"Umm, excuse me B****??"

BabyFruit TickerLilypie Third Birthday tickers "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the one person you can't live without."
  • Options

I have to thank my mixed heritage for my wide(r) nose. It's a complex I have, and to hear that I must be having a boy since my nose is growing larger makes me want to scoop their eyes out with a spoon. A very rusty, jagged edged spoon. 

But they're right, it is a boy. It has nothing to do with my nose, believe me. The nerve on some (brainless) people, I swear... 

• Options
    A co-worker told me this yesterday: "When we come back from Christmas break, you might actually have a round stomach and we might be able to tell you are actually pregnant."

Um, excuse me? I was carrying around this soccer ball 5 months ago.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

When will you start showing?

Basically implying I always have a giant turkey in front of me.  (I'm totally showing.) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well, most first time moms DO deliver after their due date, so even though their comment wasn't appreciated, they're right b

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    This thread makes me really happy that I'm not showing that much. And that its winter and I don't have to show. And that we haven't really spread the word.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

"look how cute your waddle is!" Indifferent

• Options

"wow, you're bump's pretty small for 5 months, but you were big boned to begin with" (from a very large woman who only met me at 3 months pregnant)

me: "I really don't want to hear anyone else's birth horror stories, I do not find them helpful". her: "does your back ache?" me: "um, yeeah". her: "you'll probably have back labour then.  I had back labour with my son, and it was EXCRUCIATING!!!"  Thanks....

my overweight sister: "you're fat!"

also tired of people touching my belly without asking, it's too weird.  Makes me feel like flicking them in the forehead or sticking my finger up their nose, see how much they like being touched without asking.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    All I can say is to get used to it. With my first pregnancy it started immediatly!!
    My mil has this friend who kept telling me that since I wasn't sick and carrying high that I was having a girl. She said she knew BC she had a girl and boy. I just replied well my ultrasound very clearly showed a penis soo I'm having a boy. But she kept arguing so I just walked away from her every time I saw her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thankfully this time it hasn't been that bad this is one i got like 3 times today, "You don't need maternity clothes yet, you're barely showing." Well, that maybe true according to you, but I am bigger than I was which equates maternity clothes.
  • Options
    Maybe this is a stupid one but I'm so sick of people asking how I'm feeling. I'm pregnant how do you think I feel?! And don't put your hand on my stomach you can't feel anything yet, weirdo.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm sick of the comments, too!  I am 26 weeks and my bump is pretty big, so I am already uncomfortable thinking that I look huge and all.  Today, a coworker said, "he is going to be a big baby!  I can't believe you still have three months to go.  I can really tell you are growing on your sides."  

Wow, thanks.  

I just don't see how people think it is okay to make comments about a pregnant woman's body, when you wouldn't normally make these type of comments to non-pregnant people! 

• Options
    imagemichelleb729:

I'm sick of the comments, too!  I am 26 weeks and my bump is pretty big, so I am already uncomfortable thinking that I look huge and all.  Today, a coworker said, "he is going to be a big baby!  I can't believe you still have three months to go.  I can really tell you are growing on your sides."  

Wow, thanks.  

I just don't see how people think it is okay to make comments about a pregnant woman's body, when you wouldn't normally make these type of comments to non-pregnant people! 

THIS. Whyyyyy must you even talk about my belly? WHY?  

• Options

imagestackie16:
    Not too many comments. But people keep asking if I know what it is? I'm starting to say "yes a baby" since I'm only 13 weeks and not showing. Usually you know more info like that when you have a belly.  I guess once I know it will be the what are you going to call him question.

Ohhh, I hated this kind of question too. "What are you having?" One time I actually looked a woman straight in the eye answered "puppies" then walked away. That was the GREATEST day EVER! Bwahahaha!

BabyFruit TickerLilypie Third Birthday tickers "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the one person you can't live without."
  • Options

imageskio:
    imageshiningstars626:
    I had the opposite happen when I was pregnant with DD. Some assface who I had never met before said to me at 14w that I must be having a girl because she could see it in my face. Lady, you've never seen me before in your life and just told me that I have a fat face. Way to be klassy.

at least your mom didnt do this, cause mine did... winning

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

"Thankfully this time it hasn't been that bad this is one i got like 3 times today, "You don't need maternity clothes yet, you're barely showing." Well, that maybe true according to you, but I am bigger than I was which equates maternity clothes."

OMG! My boss said this yesterday. I was wearing just a flouncy shirt and she said "isn't it a little early for BAGGY clothes?"

1. It is perfectly in style right now.

2. SHUT  UP! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    There's a girl I met at school that thinks she's the authority on children, pregnancy, and labor since she has ONE child who is one year old. If I mention my back is a little sore, she says, "you're probably am going to have forgot the name complication, sorry." Or if I make a joke about how my baby is trying to karate chop my ribs or something silly like that she says, "Don't say things like that, babies are sensitive. Your baby is going to hate you." which she's said several times Not to mention this woman can't take a word of advice about anything from anyone and she is constantly bragging about her "genius" son.

As for weight, several weeks ago when I clearly had a baby bump, our friend's new wife asked if I was showing. No, I'm not showing, I just usually carry my weight in my kangaroo pouch.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageMelissaRae1525:
    Well, most first time moms DO deliver after their due date, so even though their comment wasn't appreciated, they're right b

I went two weeks early with my first.  Only 23% (I think) of women actually deliver on their due date anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"