February 2013 Moms

Weekly OBGYN appointments?

M ObGyn wants me to come in every week 2 times a week until LO is born.

I started out as a high risk pregnancy due to a blood clot disease I was told my my previous ObGyn that I had. Turns out I didn't.

Am I still being treated as high risk? Is there any other reason my new ObGyn is requesting to see me 2 times a week every week until delivery?

Re: Weekly OBGYN appointments?

• Btw, I am due Feb 4th and currently on week 31.
    LO is a girl and will be named Arianna.
  • I am not high risk, and at 30 weeks I go in every 2 weeks until 36 weeks. At that point, I will go in every week.  That is standard at my docs office.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Same as PP stated - my dr starts every other week appointments after 28 weeks up until 36 weeks then she sees me every week up until D Day. Its definitely normal for woman after 28-30 weeks to start going every 2 weeks.

**********Matthew 1.8.06 - Connor 7.17.08 - Alexis 2.16.13 ************

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagecmhicklin:
    I am not high risk, and at 30 weeks I go in every 2 weeks until 36 weeks. At that point, I will go in every week.  That is standard at my docs office.

This for me too. I'm in the midst of every 2 weeks and will start weekly probably at 35 weeks just because my appointments got off the even weeks. 

• I knew the every 2 week appointments were coming but this is going to be EVERY week, 2 times in 1 week.

He said something about checking muscle growth and bones and such.

My work place is giving me a hard time about it too since I can't give them more than days notice.
  • imagejaimie68005:
    Same as PP stated - my dr starts every other week appointments after 28 weeks up until 36 weeks then she sees me every week up until D Day. Its definitely normal for woman after 28-30 weeks to start going every 2 weeks.
    This is what my OB is having me do.
    Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Don't worry about work giving you a hard time. That's what HR is invented for. You should never feel guilty for needing to do something for your health especially since you're pregnant. Legally they are not allowed to say anything to you about needing to be out for a Dr's appt. At least you have that on your side. Just let them know that you will need to go to the appts more than once a week and you don't know what days they are but you will let them know as soon as you do. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKatHauswirth:
    I knew the every 2 week appointments were coming but this is going to be EVERY week, 2 times in 1 week. He said something about checking muscle growth and bones and such. My work place is giving me a hard time about it too since I can't give them more than days notice.

Ohh twice every week? That does seem like much. I'd call and ask why.

**********Matthew 1.8.06 - Connor 7.17.08 - Alexis 2.16.13 ************

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagejaimie68005:

imageKatHauswirth:
    I knew the every 2 week appointments were coming but this is going to be EVERY week, 2 times in 1 week. He said something about checking muscle growth and bones and such. My work place is giving me a hard time about it too since I can't give them more than days notice.

Ohh twice every week? That does seem like much. I'd call and ask why.

This!  Sorry I misread : )

photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
  • I will be going 2x's per week starting next week so that I can do NST. If you aren't sure why you are going in that often I would ask.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm high risk and doing twice a weeks (likely, possibly weekly) starting at 32. weekly at least from 32 out is policy at my ob's office.
  • Why don't you ask the doctor for their reasoning of the frequent appointments since you aren't high risk anymore? If you don't understand their reasoning, ask clarifying questions until you do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"