Cloth Diapering
Options

Prepping new stash

I know this is one of those questions that is asked daily so sorry!

1. I just got 2 Thirsties duo diapers which each have a 100% polyester insert and a hemp/cotton combo insert. How do I prep these? Hemp separate or with the polyester?

2. I also got 2 hemp prefolds. One is Thirsties hemp and it says to use Thirsties Pre-Wash solution but I don't have that. Is that okay? 

3. I also have some organic cotton wipes.  I swear I read somewhere that organic needs to be prepped differently.  But this could be totally made up!  

Also, after prepping can I wash all this together using my normal wash cycle? This is my first experience with hemp so I don't want to ruin it! Sorry, this is a lot of information! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Prepping new stash

• Options

1. wash them once (the shell and polyester insert). Boil the hemp inserts first and throw them in that same wash.

2. boil them in a pot of water on the stove and throw them in above wash. You do not need the prewash.

3. same as the hemp. Boil and then wash.

with 2 and 3 you could wash a bunch of times but the boiling is faster.

• Options
    if you want to be really sure that all the oils are out of the natural fibers you could also hand wash with blue Dawn soap in the sink and rinse it our really well before boiling. That's what I do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you both!

Two more question: How long should I boil them? And after this I can just wash everything together in my normal wash cycle?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"