May 2013 Moms
Options

Ugh! Tore cartilage in my knee

I was working out Wednesday night and went to do a squat with weights and felt a "pop" in my knee. Haven't been able to walk/put pressure on it since Wednesday night. Finally went to the doctor this morning and she thinks I tore the patellar cartilage. We can't know for sure because they don't want to do an MRI during pregnanc. I'm totally bummed and feeling sorry for myself right now. Working out/running is really important to me!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ugh! Tore cartilage in my knee

• Options
    Oh no! I would be devastated, too. I'm sorry :(
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

I'm so sorry! My FI is actually going through this right now too! Gets an MRI monday to see if it is a torn cartilage. Downside to his is that he got let go at his job because he has to wear a knee immoblilizer to be able to walk. Well that makes it so he can't perform his job to their requirements. Really sucks because I'm a stay at home mom so for christmas we have no income.

Sorry for hi-jacking your post. I am sorry that you are dealing with this pain. It is excruciating(had torn cartilage in high school). Hope they got you some pain medicine that is safe during pregnancy to take. 

SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DH did that a few summers ago.  He waited a whole year to have surgery on it (just bc he did not want to have surgery...boys...). He wasn't in pain constantly, only when the tear wasn't laying flat-if that makes sense.  Here's to hoping your tear lays flat and doesn't cause you too much discomfort.

• Options
    Oh no I'm sorry! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you get to feeling better soon and that it doesn't take long to heal. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"