Baby Names
Options

Help a Bumpie out with girl names! Induction next Thursday... O_O (clicky poll)

Would love your opinion!  Thanks!  :-D 

(Edited down / fixed for clarity) 

[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help a Bumpie out with girl names! Induction next Thursday... O_O (clicky poll)

• Options
    I picked Ailyn. Not a fan of Asher or August for a girl. The rest are not my style. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options

Aylin is lovely and I like the idea of using a Turkish name.

I like both August and Asher very much for a boy--not even a little bit for a girl.

Ashlin is way too trendy for my taste. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    if you have a girl her initials would be AAA, I couldn't do that to my child. 
  • Options
    imageJoy2611:

I can't support August or Asher on a girl.  AT ALL.

What about Augusta?

Since I can't get behindthename to load, I picked from the rest.  I chose Aylin but the more I say it, the more it sounds like island.  

I like Aysel.

this! 

trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Options
    I don't like any of them.
  • Options
    imageLibbyLouHoo:

imagesugar212:

This is the first thing that came to mind for me as well.

I thought this as well.

Aylin would be the only one I could possibly get behind. August and Asher are dreadful on girls.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

Aylin sounds the most femanine.  The others sound like boys names. 

Then you have to think about Americans shortening the names.  Like Aylin can be Lin which is still femanine like Lynne whereas Asher will be Ash?  Or August will be Auggie, a boys name? 

I'm sure she will grow into whatever you pick anyways :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm not really a huge fan of any of the names you have here. 

What about:

Aaliyah

Aminah

Arielle

All are middle eastern "a" names. However, I would think about what the PPs have said about the AAA intials- that would be kinda rough on the kid I'd think. My maiden name is an alcoholic beverage spelled differently but I can tell you I definitely heard about it constantly. Not fun.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagesugar212:

Hahaha!  :-)  Those are already DH's initials, so we're used to them as it is!

• Options
    I like Aylin and Aysel best.  I think it's better to honor your DH's background and your shared cultural affinities with a unique name than to appropriate a boy name for a girl.  I love Asher as a boy name and only wish it worked with our last name; I would definitely side-eye Asher or August on a girl.  Augusta would be okay too.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    The only name I can get behind is Augusta and it is not in your poll. I really don't like that your kid's initals are going to be AAA.
  • Options
    How about Ainsley or Alia?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My absolute favorite Turkish girl name that begins with an "A" is Ayla - pronounced EYE-la.  I think it sounds slightly more feminine that Aylin.  However, from your list, Aylin is my favorite.

Edited to Add:  I also think that Ayla Ann sounds better than Aylin Ann. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagekmpls:
    How about Ainsley or Alia?

I LOVE Ainsley, but DH vetoed.

His ex-girlfriend before me is named Alia, so....   no.  :-) 

• Options
    I appreciate all the feedback!  Thanks!
  • Options

I like the idea of Augusta.  Of the ones you have listed, I would pick Aylin, even though it would get mispronounced.

Don't do Aysel, because it would get mispronounced as "ay-zle".  Which sounds like, well, a**hole to me.  Also, in terms of full disclosure, the first thing that came to mind was the scene from Friends were Gunther is speaking Dutch to Ross and he insults him with a word with the same pronunciation as above.  I can see that going badly in elementary school & middle school.

• Options

I agree with others that I would never use August or Asher for a girl (Asher is on our boy list).  

Ayla, Aria and Anya are all potentials 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"