Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Timing sex and OPK

I have a question, we are not really trying but I'd be thrilled if we were to get pregnant.  My youngest is a year in 2 weeks...anyways I am new to OPKs.  Kinda just trying to figure out my cycle if I even have one.  I have had one post-pregnancy cycle and the last few months nothing.  So we just got back from vacation and I told my husband I wasn't ovulating since my tests were all negative so we didn't bother going to the store for a condom...and my test this morning is a positive OPK!  Just wondering what my chances would be if we only did it last night?  I am a total noob at this sorry if this is a dumb question!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Timing sex and OPK

• Options

imagefighter4:
    I have a question, we are not really trying but I'd be thrilled if we were to get pregnant.  My youngest is a year in 2 weeks...anyways I am new to OPKs.  Kinda just trying to figure out my cycle if I even have one.  I have had one post-pregnancy cycle and the last few months nothing.  So we just got back from vacation and I told my husband I wasn't ovulating since my tests were all negative so we didn't bother going to the store for a condom...and my test this morning is a positive OPK!  Just wondering what my chances would be if we only did it last night?  I am a total noob at this sorry if this is a dumb question!

I can be hard to tell. OPK's only tell you that your body is gearing up for ovulation, not that you are for sure about to ovulate. It's not uncommon to get a positive OPK but then not ovulate. Some women on here have even gotten multiple positive OPK's in the same month. 

Your best bet is to keep having sex EOD or ED if you can handle it for a while.

• Options
    Sorry EOD? ED?  I don't know those terms.  Thanks for clearing it up that it doesn't mean I have ovulated! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagefighter4:
    Sorry EOD? ED?  I don't know those terms.  Thanks for clearing it up that it doesn't mean I have ovulated! :)

EOD= Every other day ED=every day.

I didn't know that about OPK's (or what EOD or ED meant lmao) either until I joined here :)

• Options
    Great thanks!  And good luck!
  • Options
    If you do end up ovulating in the next day or two as predicted by the OPK, you do have a chance of getting pregnant. But there's no way to really know anything for a couple more weeks until you possibly get your period or a positive pregnancy test.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagefighter4:
    Great thanks!  And good luck!

GL to you too!

Also, I keep this open half the time when I'm on here because I still don't know most of the acronyms! lol https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/blogs/nest_baby_editors/pages/the-bump-community-glossary.aspx

• Options
    Thanks ladies!  We aren't really trying for about 6 more months but I am fine with sooner if it happens!
  • Options
    If you want to figure out what's going on with your cycles, definitely look into charting your basal body temperature with fertility friend. It'll help a lot, and it's the only way to know if you are ovulating.
  • Options
    imageColeRose:

A +OPK does not mean that you definitely ovulated, just that your body geared up to ovulate. Without temping, you won't be able to confirm whether or not you did in fact ovulate this cycle/month.

Well-timed sex during your fertile window: 20% chance each month

isn't it crazy that it's only 20%?

• Options
    imagekristin1007:
    imageColeRose:

A +OPK does not mean that you definitely ovulated, just that your body geared up to ovulate. Without temping, you won't be able to confirm whether or not you did in fact ovulate this cycle/month.

Well-timed sex during your fertile window: 20% chance each month

isn't it crazy that it's only 20%?

It's depressing!

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"