Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Headed in for bloodwork

Since m/c yesterday everything has been a little hazy for me.  I have to go in to the lab for blood work today, next week Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  What is it that they're checking on?  To make sure I really m/c'd? 

It all went so fast yesterday.  Mild cramping and spotting around 1:00 PM.  A little bit more intense cramping and bleeding at 3:45 PM.  M/C around 6:30 PM.  And that was it.  I'm still bleeding a little bit and have a little cramping, but nothing more than regular period-like cramps.  

Last night I was pretty much "all business".  Like, "Okay, this happened.  Let's get some dinner.  I'm starving."  Today the crying kicked in and I don't really even want to go out in public or talk to anyone.  My husband and I were going to go on a little romantic weekend trip to Chicago this weekend.  We're still planning to go, but I don't know how fun it'll really be for either of us.

HPT 11/8/2012 EDD 7/29/2013 M/C 11/29/2012

Re: Headed in for bloodwork

• Options
    Ups and downs are very normal sadly. There will be better days. I'm not 100% positive but I think if they are checking your blood work like that they'll be checking to make sure your hormone levels are dropping back to normal properly. I could be totally wrong though.
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Options

can't help you with the bloodwork but personally I would go to Chicago.  It won't be the same weekend ya'll had planned but it may help to get out of town and do something different.

DH and I went to his parent's lakehouse immediately after ours...we wanted to be in a town where we would know NO ONE so we knew we would be left alone.  we had our time alone at the house where we would cry and be upset and then we would get out of the house for a while and go out and shop/eat dinner/etc.  We were still super sad and upset but it was kind of nice to not just be sitting at home being upset...I was also too scared to run into people I knew in town.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Checking to be sure your Hcg levels are going down because if they stay elevated you may still have tissue left over.
  • Options
    imagebellybaby:
    Checking to be sure your Hcg levels are going down because if they stay elevated you may still have tissue left over.

This and go to Chicago. I'm sorry for your loss, it is a day-to-day process with a lot of bad and OK days.
    Rachel (23) and Ben (25)
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Check out my blog.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BFP #3: 2/14/13 EDD:10/16/2013 (Please stick little one)
  • Options

Got the confirmation today that we definitely lost the baby.  DH and I had gone to Chicago over the weekend, but it almost felt like a waste because I was so sad and didn't want to do anything.  At one point I wanted to have sex and actually called my midwife to see if it would be okay.  She told me to wait until we had the blood work back.  Today when she called and told me we lost the baby, she followed up with, "So go have sex now!" 

Maybe tomorrow...

HPT 11/8/2012 EDD 7/29/2013 M/C 11/29/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"