Baby Names
Options

Elaine...

We found out this morning that we are having and girl. We've chosen the name Elaine (family name) and will call her Lainey.

For middle names, which is your favorite?

Elaine Avery, Elaine Madison or Elaine Madeline? Other suggestions? I've found that names with three syllables tend to sound better with our last name.

Also... Would you spell it Lainey, Laney or Lanie? Or some other way?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Elaine...

• Options
    imageJoy2611:

I love Elaine with the nickname Lainey!!  So wonderful!

I pick Elaine Madeline.  Avery and Madison are too boyish for me.

Yes Elaine Madeline & Lainey.  

FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    imagemimi4347:
    imageJoy2611:

I love Elaine with the nickname Lainey!!  So wonderful!

I pick Elaine Madeline.  Avery and Madison are too boyish for me.

Yes Elaine Madeline & Lainey.  

I agree!

m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Avery for the MN, and for the NN I'd spell it Lainie.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options

I am so jealous you get to name your DD Elaine. DH has nixed it for a phantom DD because of Seinfeld (he's a big fan). I think  that's a stupid reason to nix a name so I am super jealous of you.

I like Laney or Lanie. I also like the nickname Lane but some people might think that it is too masculine.

I prefer Elaine Avery or Elaine Madeline.

Congrats on picking the first name!

When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
  • Options
    imageJoy2611:
    I love Elaine with the nickname Lainey!!nbsp; So wonderful!I pick Elaine Madeline.nbsp; Avery and Madison are too boyish for me.

Yup, this.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We didn't really have a discussion about it... haha! It is my middle name and also my Aunt Karen Elaine's middle name. She is one of my favorite people on the planet so the decision to use the name was a no-brainer. I've had the name picked out for years. Besides... my hubby picked our son Collin Mitchell's name... so it was my turn. Luckily though, we both love both the names. :) Middle name is a little tougher though. I think I'm settling on Lainey for the NN spelling... its a good combination of the other two and the most traditional.
  • Options

Love this name, it's my sister's name.  I also like Lainey.  My sister only went by Elaine, but we are not a nicknamey family.

We actually considered Madeline for LO's mn BECAUSE of how close it sounded to Elaine.  So, I don't like the two names together.

Avery has the same A sound as Elaine, so I don't like that either.

So Madison. 

My sister's mn is Kimberly.

• Options
    I love Elaine! I do not like the middle names though.
  • Options
    I love Elaine. It was the name of a childhood friend and I would love to use it but it rhymes with my ln :S I prefer the Lanie nn spelling but also feel Elaine doesn't need a nn. I suggest Elaine Katherine, Elaine Josephine, Elaine Grace, Elaine June, Elaine Margaret, Elaine Penelope, or Elaine Camille.

• Options
    ooh i cant decide on the middle names out of the ones you've given. i think i like madeline the best though. and the spelling lainey for the nn. elaine/lainey is a beautiful name! 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Options
    Like it! 
  • Options

Elaine Madeline

Lainey

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"