Food Allergy

Ugh.......how would you proceed?

At 2 1/2 yrs DD passed her dairy allergy test and we were given the go-ahead to introduce dairy. She has been doing fine for the past 7-8 months. Recently however, she has started complaining about a tummy ache after drinking milk or she also complained this morning after yogurt. She also has had eczema flareups behind her ears. Should I call the allergist, maybe try Lactaid, and pull all dairy again? I've been doing soy and almond milk again to try to avoid the tummy aches, but she is still getting dairy in all other forms.
imageimage

Re: Ugh.......how would you proceed?

• I would give the allergist a call.  I don't think Lactaid would solve this issue becuase it's the protein not the lactose that may be the issue here (since she was allergic not intolerant).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageNiniJ55:
    I would give the allergist a call.  I don't think Lactaid would solve this issue becuase it's the protein not the lactose that may be the issue here (since she was allergic not intolerant).

ITA. 

• Loading the player...
  • agree.. call the allergist and get her tested.

in the mean time, start a food journal and remove dairy. If it continues, remove soy. If it continues, remove almond milk..

My son has multiple allergies and he use to be allergic to soy, then tested negative and had soy products for about 6 months and then started complaining of tummy aches and started having some eczema again and diaper rash and turns out it was soy again.. so allergies can come and go. sucks.

good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"