High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD Ladies- Night Time Snack

Please tell me your night time snack.... 

I had my class on Wednesday morning and since trying to add a snack at night my fasting sugars have been 93 and 100.   The rest of the day my numbers are within range.

BabyFruit Ticker

06.10.12 +HPT 06.12.12 Beta #1 = 2,770 06.14.12 Beta #2 = 6,300
1st U/S 06.18.12 2nd U/S 06.25.12
09.24.12 It's a Boy!! ---> Jacob Owen

Our IF Journey Began: October 2009
**8 Failed IUI's, 1 Blighted Ovum, & 1 Failed IVF**
Dx: MFI, DOR w/MTHFR Homozygous A1298C & Hypothyroidism
03.2012 Lab Results: FSH 6.83 AMH 0.67 TSH 3.8 E2 17
SA 156 million 93% motility 3% morphology

Follow Me on Pinterest
**~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~**

Re: GD Ladies- Night Time Snack

• Options
    much to my shock, when I first went back to the doc after my diagnosis, He recommended cutting out the night snack unless I was STARVING. This was counter to All the research I'd done, but I'm not on meds, just diet, so i think that has something to do with it. It worked immediately, and I've only had one high fasting number (96) since then. (my post dinner number was 137 the night before though) I've taken to having big mugs of herbal tea, no sugar in place of it. that way I feel like I'm putting something in my stomach, but no carbs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1/2 a serving of chocolate ice cream & 1/2 a banana.

or

1/2 a glass of chocolate milk & cream cheese on a piece of toast.

Those are my go to's!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used to drink a tall glass of 1% milk with 1 tbsp of nestle no-sugar added chocolate powder and that was my go-to from 6 weeks to 34 weeks. Then I apparently reach a point where I could no longer have dairy at night and get a good reading. I now eat 8 saltine crackers with 2 tbsp of low sugar peanut butter every night and get really good results from that. You will have to experiment to find what works for you, but make sure you find something that's a good mix of carbs and protein.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    I usually have a piece of cinnamon raisin toast with PB and a 1/2 cup of milk. (I'm allowed 30g of carbs at night). I never got a # under 95 the first week and most were in the 110-120s. So the next week I tried no bedtime snack, and basically starving myself I got 1 reading under 95 and that was it that week. So we started an oral med. Still nothing. Doubled it this week, and so far only... I give up...

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"