Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Flossing

Does anybody floss their toddler's teeth yet?  The pedi dentist told me if her teeth are touching then I can start doing it.

Re: Flossing

• Options
    my DD#1 flosses her own teeth with the kids floss picks. i supervise to make sure she gets the ones she really needs to get (the ones she has that touch). honestly she LOVES to floss, which i totally dont understand.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    they told you to floss now? wow. we havent even been to the dentist :) Flossing is NOT in my immediate future with my 1 year old. I dont even do with my 4 year old.  Yes, I am bad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Its enough of a battle to get a good brushing in twice a day!  Her teeth aren't touching yet, so here's hoping I have a little more time before trying to tackle THAT one!

My boss told me that her oldest son (he's 4) just found out he has 2 cavities between his teeth.  She's been super strict about brushing twice a day since her kids were all tiny, and they are not a sweets household.  The dentist said it was because he wasn't flossing. I never even considered having to floss a 4 year old's teeth!  So guess its never too early to start the habit.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't know how to floss without getting my fingers taken off. Lol. Brushing her teeth twice a day is a little battle itself. DD has Atleast 16 teeth and they touch. We've been to the dentist, and he mentioned brushing.. But nothing about flossing. I will probably hold off until she's Atleast out of the "I want to chomp down on everything that comes close to my mouth" stage.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nope. And I'm not about to try. She's so good at brushing her teeth, I'm not going to start digging in her mouth and screw that up.
  • Options
    negative! DD brushes herself and since I know she misses a lot on the top I go in after her to finish the job. Even that is a huge fight currently.
  • Options
    We floss once a week, per the pediatric dentist's recommendation. She only recommended it for my son because his mouth is small and his teeth are already crowding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"